Your new place for all things Thoth

Zephyros

When I was offered the opportunity to moderate this forum I jumped at it, because it was important to me to preserve the great atmosphere Greg had created. I couldn't bear the thought of it passing into the hands of someone who hadn't grown from the forum itself. We aren't many, and in my (biased) opinion we're the best behaved forum on AT.

Another option is to decamp to one of the many forums that are being created now, with Obsydian's (sp?) being the best candidate for this, from what I've seen. That forum seems the most ready to create new sections as needed and they're also looking for moderators. I think it would be important to have one that's "one of us" to try and preserve the freedom we had here, although I myself wasn't planning on moderating anything any more. This isn't to say I didn't love doing it, quite the contrary, but with AT shutting down I feel it's time to bow out gracefully.

We could approach Obsydian asking for a Thoth forum and install a mod of our own, should anyone wish to take it on. If it should be filled with AT people, a Thoth forum is very little work, a few minutes a day (some days nor even that), and I could be available to help in a non-official capacity.

https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum

Aeon418

Another option is to decamp to one of the many forums that are being created now, with Obsydian's (sp?) being the best candidate for this, from what I've seen.
It would be ideal if the regular Thoth-ers could move en masse to a single forum. It would provide a welcome sense on continuity and familiarity.

Provided Obsydian is willing, can we have a show of hands?

:livelong:

Always Wondering

I will be post and internet stalking most of you quite possible for the rest of my life. :laugh:

Samweiss

It would be ideal if the regular Thoth-ers could move en masse to a single forum. It would provide a welcome sense on continuity and familiarity.

Provided Obsydian is willing, can we have a show of hands?

And my axe!

I mean, count me in!

Rose Lalonde

I've been checking to see where the Thoth-ers go so I can follow. I've learned too much here not to. If it's a move en masse, it's even easier to follow.

thorhammer

I'll (very in-Thelemically) follow where the action goes, but I will say that the Cartomancy forum has been super relaxed about the influx and I can't see them having any issue with this well-behaved group of very serious people. Rif and I used to exchange using the OOTK and both rif and firecatpickles have been very friendly and welcoming. I think it might be the best fit...but hey, wherever we end up, we end up. I'm a filthy deserter anyway :D

Dogs&Coffee

Hey Everyone!

Holly from Tarotsphere here

I can't speak for the other forums, as I've been up to my ears between work and setting up a new forum to check them out, but I'd be over the moon and honored to host Thoth Enthusiasts.

Right now Thoth has a cozy sub-board under Tarot Studies. If you feel it needs expanding, I'm more than happy to do so.

I've also included boards for divination, herbs, crystals.... you name it, I've got it or will add it.

Our Marketplace boards should be up and running just in time for the weekend.

I also have a comprehensive marketing plan for both the forum and coming website... I've got ideas, and they're gonna happen ;)

Anywho,
I'd be honored to have you check out what I've built so far. The boards are becoming very active, and we have over 100 members right now, and considering Tarotsphere is only days old, that's pretty neat :)

I hope to see you over there!
Holly

earthair

I'll (very in-Thelemically) follow where the action goes, but I will say that the Cartomancy forum has been super relaxed about the influx and I can't see them having any issue with this well-behaved group of very serious people. Rif and I used to exchange using the OOTK and both rif and firecatpickles have been very friendly and welcoming. I think it might be the best fit...but hey, wherever we end up, we end up. I'm a filthy deserter anyway :D

I'm really enjoying being over at Cartomancy for a lot of things, however DDwarks already asked the question about having a Thoth forum, and this was the reply...

"Hi all,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I'm not going to tell you to get lost for asking an honest and polite question.

I will have to ponder this and talk with the mods. I don't want to start making specialty forums for specific decks, because then everyone will want one for their favorite. (Their own... their preciousss! Very Happy)

I have an idea for some options, but I still want to give our virtual dust a chance to settle before we make changes. If we need to grow, I'd like to grow organically from what we see is truly needed to make the forum easier or better to use.

In the meantime, you could try working with the Tarot Deep Dive as kali suggested; and other esoteric stuff is welcome to go in the Spiritual section. You might even benefit from finding that non-Thoth folks enjoy talking about Golden Dawn-style kabbalah (or qabalah if you prefer); but we won't know unless we try.

Thank you all for taking time to share your viewpoints."