Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Papus Le Tarot Divinatoire

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Resident

Lord Adonia 
Resident

I found this link. I am not sure if this is the correct coloring the Papus Tarot should be. This looks like a historical printing of the cards in color.

http://taroflexions.wordpress.com/20...2/theme-tarot/
Top   #11
Citizen

Tag_jorrit 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Adonia View Post
I found this link. I am not sure if this is the correct coloring the Papus Tarot should be. This looks like a historical printing of the cards in color.

http://taroflexions.wordpress.com/20...2/theme-tarot/
To me it looks as though they are not original cards but that someone colored the pages from the original book.
Top   #12
Citizen

Tag_jorrit 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Adonia View Post
~ snip ~ I wonder how the coloring of this edition compares to the Dusserre edition of this Papus Tarot.
I located some images online of the Dusserre Papus deck and have made a slide show with the originals that were scanned from the book like the one pictured on the link to Tarotflexions. The first ima is the original that I worked from, the next one is the Dusserre one I found online, the third is from a poker size version I am thinking of printing and the fourth is my tarot-size color version.

When I made my color version of the deck I had not seen the Dusserre version, nor the colored version on Tarotflexions. I found it interesting that in the original line drawings from the book, some of the figures were unclothed but in the Dusserre edition the figures had clothes where the originals did not. Also, the Dusserre has an abundance of purple in the colors.

Another thing about the originals. The central images were all different sizes. The Dusserre deck uses the images as-is. I did size them so they were uniform in size.
Top   #13

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.