Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarocchino Decks

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Citizen

madhatter00o 
Citizen

Tarocchino Decks

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon the Tarocchino Bolognese deck (http://www.arnellart.com/osvaldo/taro-no-bolognes.htm) and was immediately drawn to the illustrations. They're elegant and beautiful, and I love the Swords, especially, though some of the Majors don't exactly speak to me as divinatory aids.

I've become quite accustomed to using Majors Only decks, so I have experience with non-78-card decks. However, I've never tried "Little Tarot" decks like this, and I really can't imagine why the creators of the deck would omit pips 2-5 (besides maybe budget...?).

Anyways, I suppose my query is threefold:

1. Does anyone have any experience reading with a Tarocchino deck, particularly the Tarocchino Bolognese? How does it read for you? What are its strengths and/or shortcomings?

2. How does the omission of the first half of the pips influence your readings? Does their absence make a difference? Do you think they should be there? How do you "make up" for them since they're absent? (OK, that's a whole bunch of questions in one, I'll admit. >_>)

3. Why *are* half of the pips gone? (More of an historical question, I guess.)

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment you can bring me! ^_^
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Yelell 
Citizen

I thought I remembered seeing an old thread about this before --- this I think? http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=78400
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

dancing_moon 
Citizen

The pips 2-5 are omitted for gaming purposes, very much like you can often see playing card decks printed only with 36 or even 32 cards, suitable for a lot of games.

The rest can be found in the link Yelell posted, including some experience of people actually reading with these decks. Personally, I don't, but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a problem: if you can extract all the information you need from 22 Majors alone, then a 62-card deck is so much larger and more detailed.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

madhatter00o 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelell View Post
I thought I remembered seeing an old thread about this before --- this I think? http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=78400
Thank you. I had looked at that thread before posting, but I suppose I wasn't as focused in my initial examination of it as I thought I had been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing_moon View Post
The pips 2-5 are omitted for gaming purposes, very much like you can often see playing card decks printed only with 36 or even 32 cards, suitable for a lot of games.

The rest can be found in the link Yelell posted, including some experience of people actually reading with these decks. Personally, I don't, but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a problem: if you can extract all the information you need from 22 Majors alone, then a 62-card deck is so much larger and more detailed.
Yes, after going back through the post (and following the myriad links), I realize it's primarily a gaming deck. Bit of a shame really. I simply can't imagine reading with it now, since within the Majors there are the four Moors, two of which are identical. I reckon it would make for one heck of a time to discern anything beyond the point value for the game.

Siiiigh. I'll have to put this one on the "Eventually" List.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.