TdM deck recommendation for tarot newbie?

BSwett

The Spanish Tarot by Fournier. Inexpensive, unique, easy to shuffle, perfect size, delicious colours, and fun. Based on an early 1800 deck. Look no further.

Once you build a relationship with Marseille decks, then go find some historic versions for your collection. A Conver reproduction, a Dodal, a Madenie..... All beautiful. But you'll always go back to the faithful Spanish Tarot.

My 2 c.

jean bosco

The Spanish Tarot by Fournier. Inexpensive, unique, easy to shuffle, perfect size, delicious colours, and fun. Based on an early 1800 deck. Look no further.
My 2 c.

Nicely said, true for me too. I only recently got my hands on it, saw it in a secondhand shop, couldn't resist it. Very cool TdM

I mean, *why* do some people recommend the Jodorowsky-Camoin deck, while others don't like it?

The reason why some people don't like the Jodorowsky-Camoin or the Hadar is because they added some of their own symbolism to the originals.

Another fancy deck is the Piatnik TdM. look here

Some decks can be found here also.

I don't think there is a single source that lists all available TdMs. It's too many...

Michellehihi

Thank you for this list of Marseille decks, it is soo brilliant to have all the cards one beside another!
Nicely said, true for me too. I only recently got my hands on it, saw it in a secondhand shop, couldn't resist it. Very cool TdM

The reason why some people don't like the Jodorowsky-Camoin or the Hadar is because they added some of their own symbolism to the originals.

I don't think there is a single source that lists all available TdMs. It's too many...

Aster Breo

Thank you! This is very helpful -- especially the link to the list of decks.