Hadar Tarot de Marseille deck Images: Upright & Reversed

Fulgour

Diana said:
I don't think Fulgour was implying that all the Marseilles minor cards need to be read as the ones that were scanned. I think he was talking about the Hadar deck.
This reference should be edited to credit tmgrl2
since you are referring to Terri's contributions.

Note: I will delete this post if/when you edit yours.

Diana

Fulgour: Actually no, I was referring to you because of the way you titled your thread which only refers to the Hadar deck. (Not to say that I don't think Hadar knows what he's talking about. I believe he does and that it would be worth checking his way of having designed the cards.)

Fulgour

moot point

My thread was titled to accurately describe
the post with the attachments to the deck,
with no intention of delving into alternatives.
Probably soon all to be a sadly moot point.:(

Diana

Kissa said:
Could someone (read: Diana) ask Kris if we are breaking some copyright rules here.

As it concerns copyright issues, I think it is better if either the moderator of the forum or Solandia wrote to Kris Hadar concerning this. I have no idea whether the copyright belongs to Kris or to his publisher.

Fulgour

Diana said:
As it concerns copyright issues, I think it is better if either the moderator of the forum or Solandia wrote to Kris Hadar concerning this. I have no idea whether the copyright belongs to Kris or to his publisher.
Given that Hadar has already extended his permission de facto,
it would be a nuisance for him to repeat this gesture formally.
Suggesting an official inquiry almost guarantees their deletion.

Diana

Fulgour said:
Given that Hadar has already extended his permission de facto,
it would be a nuisance for him to repeat this gesture formally.
Suggesting an official inquiry almost guarantees their deletion.

Where has he extended his permission de facto?

He has sometimes accepted to answer specific questions from members of Aeclectic, and I have always provided his original and the translation in case I made a mistake in the translation.

He is a very generous man. But like I said, I do not know who the copyright belongs to. It may not be his.

tmgrl2

I think that the description as I wrote it should be helpful to anyone who pulls a Hadar card and has a question as to whether or not it is upright ala Hadar's design intent...

I just wanted to know. Once I read that little passage at the end of his book, I took my photo album that has my Hadar study deck and set them in the positions according to his descriptions...merely because I wanted to know...

NOT because it is important when I pull the card to read. I read them as they come up for the minors and for the Trumps, I set them upright. Just my way....There is studying...and there is reading.

I find it interesting to learn about what designers' intents were ....not because I want it to become gospel...Lord knows, Camoin and Hadar have some quite different views about colors, designs, lost elements....It's just fascinating.

I recently got a Dusserre Dodal...looking at all of the different ones as a study is fun for me....

Guess I can't be faulted for enjoying all of my decks, non?

terri

I would think, though, that it might be a good idea to check about having scans of all of Hadar's cards in here....

Hey, are we Marseille-ing here again? A real discussion?

terri

Moonbow

Well I, for one, was pleased to read your post regarding the upright positions of the Hadar deck Terri. Those of us that don't speak or understand French always find snippets of information like this very useful and as you say, in the long run, it's up to the reader how they decide to read the cards and what words for them.

Moonbow*

tmgrl2

Moonbow* said:
Well I, for one, was pleased to read your post regarding the upright positions of the Hadar deck Terri. Those of us that don't speak or understand French always find snippets of information like this very useful and as you say, in the long run, it's up to the reader how they decide to read the cards and what words for them.

Moonbow*

Thanks, Moonbow...it is kind of you to say that, since any time I have translated, it has been mainly for the purposes of sharing information with those who do no speak or read French....and who might be curious as to what the author says about something.

I have done the same with Klea, Sedillot, Jodorowsky, and, of course, Hadar. Diana has done the same.

In no way, are my translations meant to be taken as what I believe or accept re the author's point or view. Sometimes I go to several authors so people don't think that I am taking a position.

If, for example, we are looking at the Camoin-Jodo TdM, I may go to Jodo's book for some information...

Diana and others here have also been more than generous with translating snippets for our edification. I appreciate it, as well, when someone else does so.

terri

Rusty Neon

tmgrl2 said:
I have done the same with Klea, Sedillot, Jodorowsky, and, of course, Hadar. Diana has done the same.

As you know, I have also translated and posts some extracts (from Sedillot, Marteau, Jodorowsky, des Longchamps, and Bocher). Unfortunately, I haven't seen much interest from others to such posts by me.