Proactive Daily Spread (3)

jolie_amethyst

For the last month, I've been doing a 3 card daily spread that I found on Sebastian Åkesson's Instagram (fatherofwands). It's been so useful to me that I thought others might find it helpful as well.

Sebastian's Instagram account can be found here, if you'd like to see this spread in action over a number of months: https://instagram.com/fatherofwands/ His interpretations are always interesting!

-----1-----

-2-------3-

1. Situation
2. Don't Do
3. Do

I love this spread for a couple of reasons. With the Situation card, you have a central "theme" that's likely to predominate the day, so it's a little predictive. But the other two cards are strongly proactive, since they're advice for what you shouldn't and should do. The order of these two is important, I think--by leaving the "Do" card until last, you're ending on a positive note, one of personal power: "Here's what you can and should do today!"

For those just starting out on their Tarot journey, learning to interpret these three together within their respective positions makes for an interesting challenge! Having the Do & Don't cards have inevitably been useful in guiding my behavior and choices for the day, and I continue to learn new things by working to fit specific cards into the context of positive and negative advice with this spread.

salsmagic

Situation Spread

Hi thought I would try out your spread for the weekend. My girlfriend and I go to markets on the weekend selling our wares to help fund our trip around Australia. The cards I pulled were
1. The page of wands. The situation

2. Seven of pentacles. Don't do

3. Five Swords Do

So i figure the first card means I could get a message from someone or possible have a new idea the second card I interpreted as keep making money, don't rest just yet but the third I'm not sure about. Is is telling me to avoid alterations even though it is a do card. Would love your take on it. :)

jolie_amethyst

Hi thought I would try out your spread for the weekend. My girlfriend and I go to markets on the weekend selling our wares to help fund our trip around Australia. The cards I pulled were
1. The page of wands. The situation

2. Seven of pentacles. Don't do

3. Five Swords Do

So i figure the first card means I could get a message from someone or possible have a new idea the second card I interpreted as keep making money, don't rest just yet but the third I'm not sure about. Is is telling me to avoid alterations even though it is a do card. Would love your take on it. :)

What a fun goal! I hope your selling is going well. Unfortunately, by forum rules, no one can help with interpretations on this board. You would need to post this in Your Readings if you want others to assist with interpreting. Posts under Tarot Spreads are strictly for documenting spreads and commenting on or clarifying their use.

What I *can* say is that I find meanings for daily cards and advice to be extremely personal, especially if you regularly use the same deck. It's kind of like having inside jokes with someone you are close to--meanings that I've gotten intuitively from this spread aren't always what I'd use for others.

As an example: I use the Shadowscapes deck. The 6/Cups in that deck is a little girl having a tea party with the fairies and her stuffed toys. But rather than a sense of nostalgia, or a need to look back in the past for answers to present problems, or other traditional interpretations, this card has a very narrow meaning for me when it appears in my daily spread; it relates to writing fiction, spending time with my own "imaginary friends"...the characters I'm currently working with. This sort of very personalized message has happened with a number of cards in the deck over the year or so I've been using it. So I'd encourage others to watch for those kinds of patterns in their own use.

Additionally--for negative cards in Do or positive ones in Don't (or court cards in either), it's often best to look at both the positive and negative meanings and think about them in context. The obvious meaning doesn't always make sense. If the 3/Swords appears under Do...it doesn't necessarily mean "go break someone's heart". Rather, it could be telling you that there are truths that must be faced, and it's a good day to get that sort of clarity on a situation that has been bothering you. That's probably not a happy thing, but it's a necessary one.

The book, Tarot: Your Everyday Guide by Janina Renee, covers all 78 cards in advice positions, both upright and reversed. I definitely recommend it for anyone struggling with interpreting cards for advice.

Hemera

moderator note

Please read our Tarot Spreads Posting Rules before posting.
This area is just for posting spreads. Only the spread creator can post a reading as an example of how the spread is used.

@ jolie_amethyst: Thank you :)

Inana

Thnaks jolie_amethyst!

I really like this spread. Simple and goes to the point. It could be useful not only as a daily draw, but also for those kind of situations where one is not very sure about how to proceed.
I'm definitively going to try it!

luiner

This is very useful for many things, just like Inana said.
I did this yesterday, when i was unsure about buying a deck.
And the message was very clear.
Thank you, jolie_amethyst.