This is a bit unorthorthodoxed of a spread...

Dink

Greetings,

I find that the most important aspect of any spread tends to be making sure you have the concept in question strong, not so much an exact question, and no so much a general spread. I have found that I come up with very very unorthodoxed spreads when I channel my energy though the higher beings into the cards... such spreads tend to come out looking like celtic knots that also serve as maps. The best way I can explain this is I find that when im done with a given reading, it tends to have a bad choice and good choice area and it tends to be very celtic knot like in look. the cards in between the good and bad tend to be roads taken/ will take if the reading isnt heeded.. Iol... a while back every time I would doa reading, the cards (via higher being... 99.999999999999999999999999% of the time God ( i'll get into that story later.. the rest of the time it was readings though angels or faries.. I'll also get into my definition on God later... not enough space here..) would never answer my question, and end up telling me something totally differnt. I'm sure there will be someone who completely disagrees with me on the way I do my readings, but i suspose its better then everyone being the same. O and another thing that is ALWAYS prominate is for some reason the 1 of penticles always is a what i dubbed pointer card to me. and if its not the 1 of penticles then its the magician...never both(infact i have never seen the two cards show up at the same time unless i use all the cards with the celtic deck i use.)

Teranar

That's something you've always done, while I like making spreads that look like things like trees, and circles, and whatever feels natural, yours have been known to look like a drunk spider (But always the most accurate)

Aoife

Dink said:
another thing that is ALWAYS prominate is for some reason the 1 of penticles always is a what i dubbed pointer card to me. and if its not the 1 of penticles then its the magician...never both(infact i have never seen the two cards show up at the same time unless i use all the cards with the celtic deck i use.)

Dink,
Could you say more about what you mean by a "pointer card". Rachel Pollack in "78 Degrees of Wisdom" describes it as a "Gate Card", that by "joining ourselves meditatively.....will bring experiences reaching beyond the card's specific meaning".
The Ace of Pentacles has been cropping up a lot lately for me in daily draws and readings.

Dink

what i mean by a pointer card is that it symbolically points to me and represents me. keep in mind that my layouts make maps of some sort... they could be astral maps,theoretical decision maps, so on and so fourth. That is interesting that you keep comming up with the ace of pent as well. There certainly has been some rather interesting energy around lately. I've also noticed how cyclic things have been lately. Right now im seeing an exact repeat of my life 2 years ago.. only this time i am less depressed,more in control, and trying to get a software movement going in the music studio world... thats another topic.
at any rate, i haven't read that book you mentioned and that is rather interesting. let me know if there is anything else you want ot know about..
--Dink

Aoife

Dink said:
what i mean by a pointer card is that it symbolically points to me and represents me. keep in mind that my layouts make maps of some sort... they could be astral maps,theoretical decision maps, so on and so fourth.

That is interesting that you keep comming up with the ace of pent as well. There certainly has been some rather interesting energy around lately. I've also noticed how cyclic things have been lately. Right now im seeing an exact repeat of my life 2 years ago.. only this time i am less depressed,more in control, and trying to get a software movement going in the music studio world... thats another topic.
--Dink

Thanks for that, Dink. It's a really interesting idea.
I also like the idea of maps. I read somewhere recently about someone having or needing a 3 dimensional spread to cover what they were getting at. Now that really would send me crazy.

I know what you mean about things going in cycles. Like you, I like to think I get to move on...... not keep stuck, going round the same old circles.

Dink

Sometimes i feel my spreads go even beyond that. Also i do oftenly mix pratices together... and i'm known to be very selective about when i will do readings also... I just dont pull out the ole' deck whenever.. I live in a family still (for another few months) that threw away all my stuff that had anything to do with anything not christian but still religious a while back.. plus the reading and laughing of all my bos(es)for that year(meaning two completely filled books over the course of a year.. and I don't write terribly large.).. and at a time the knife was one of my best friends on self. so you can see why i am selective. Luckly I had only decided to start writting things down for that year 1/2 span back then.

nina

hang inthere, Dink

Hello,
I am a believing Christian and a reader of tarot. I consider the cards a great way to help God and Angels communicate with us on the deeper level that they need to. It always saddens me so much to hear of Christians who consider it part of their duty to their faith to trample on somebody else's spiritual path. Try to keep your spirit free of resentment. It's always hard when your uniqueness finds an outlet and is then stifled.
-Nina