Faeries Oracle Weekly Activity Nov. 28

DragonFae

I decided since so many are getting "fired up" again abut the faeries I thought I'd start the weekly activity threads I used to post but make them specific to the fae.

Since we are moving into the last month of the year I thought perhaps this week's activity would be to ask the faeries about 2011. Usually I pick a word to live each year....but I've never asked the faeries for their input into what that word (or concept) might be.

So this week...let's ask them....as you shuffle you can use the following or come up with wording of your own to request their help....

"A new year, a new beginning is upon us, I am asking for faery wisdom in discovering what it is I need to focus on for 2011...what is it that you see in my human folly that needs attention? Is there a specific word that embodies it? Is so please allow me to see it and send a special faery to convey the message......"

Read or repeat your own message three times while shuffling the faery cards and then draw a card....BEFORE flipping it over.....place your hand palm down on top of the card and try to clear your mind....sit quietly and wait for a word, concept or feeling to present itself....then flip the card over and greet your special faery helper.....note if anything comes to mind immediately when looking at the card.

Jot down your thoughts somewhere because we will be working with them again in the coming weeks....

If you like you can post your thoughts or experience with this activity in this thread. If you'd like to join in.... try and do the activity prior to December 5th because I'll post next activity then and the next few weeks will build on each other.

DragonFae

My Card: #2 Ekstasis

When I sat with my eyes closed and hand on the card before turning it over I tried to clear my mind...because as a personal choice I have choosen the word Quest for 2011. I didn't want to "push" myself it that direction with the fae...I wanted to truly hear what they thought.

As I waited it came to me....they were saying EXACTLY that...don't push things...let them unfold naturally. I tend to in many areas of my life to want to solve things, fix things, move things along...when perhaps the best course of action is to wait and let them unfold naturally.

I also think The Song card from The Heart of Faery is one I love to think about....and as such Ekstasis is very similar. It is the song of the universe...with each of us playing a part in the melody of the song...a song that reaches us down through the ages. It is a timeless tune whose notes are played by each of us during our lifetimes and beyond.

Ekstasis is also energy and joy (joy was almost the word I choose for 2011) This card says...go for it...and that I am on the right course....

It is something I seek (a quest) and the quest is somehow about the song, about joy, about harmony in 2011.

Those are my initial thoughts from this activity...I hope you will do it yourself and share your thoughts here on the boards in this thread.

DragonFae

Bumping...just to see if anyone wants to join in....