Sabian Symbols: Astrology

Elven

Some thoughts....

Hi All, just thought I'd let you know about the new moon on Sunday!

Elven said:
I asked the Symbols 'What will I need to know about this week'?
I drew Leo Degree 6: An Old Fashioned Conservative Woman is Confronted by an Up-to-Date Girl
.... It could be a 'yes' week instead of a 'no' week. I may also put a bit of time and care into myself as well. Look after the poor ol' body a bit which has been neglected of late. I will endevour to dress with some bright colours and get out in the fresh air.
It may also reflect how I feel cleaning out my junk. I am often confronted with 'should I keep things from my past (youth), or should I throw them away (outdated). Craft projects that I have had for years that I need to finish or get rid of. They were a good idea at the time (LOL).
This Symbol I think also challenges me to look at where I am am going, and what I am planning on doing.

I have just read Lyndas weblog on the Sabian Symbols site and theres a New Moon about with some very inspirational and positive changes coming into force as from Sunday!!!! All good news!!!! This looks very apt for some of the draws which have been posted.

Heres the link to have a read:

http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/

So my conservative woman and up to date girl will have to get cleaning again and get ready for the throw away so I can utilize the new energy emerging. It gives me much hope to draw my Symbol for the week to find that it coresponds with whats happening on a greater level. I feel this energy shift quite intensley, so I am really looking forward to an unveiling of the 'new'.

...and of the romance - I have been waiting 5 months for this energy to be about! I will be very interested to see what happens with my 'friend' and I over the next month or so. We are talking, and things are finally opening up.

Skydancer said:
If I understand this correctly - it will be moving into the next sign? Scorpio 20?
Which is - a woman draws aside 2 dark curtains that have been covering a secret pathway.

Skydancer, I noticed this and found it really relevant as there are references to windows throughout the weblog. A time for airing and letting in the new energy. I thought of you when I read it.

Blessings to all
Elven x

Skydancer

Hi!
I'm reading the weblog right now about the new moon. Had forgotten it was tonight.

"Removing old things or cleaning up can inspire new solutions to old problems."

And I was doing just that before I took a break to check in here just now! Is that a co-incidence or what!

I'm reading the blog on another window as I type this - and I see what you mean about windows!!
-----
Gosh - her words DO ring true for me just now. Interesting ...

Anyway - just wanted to touch bases here with you.

Shall we begin a new thread for people's draw of the day and then we can add how it turns out??

In fact, think I will and see who joins in! :)

*S*

Elven

Hi All, :)

Just to let you know....

This New Moon is a corker!!:) Lynda has put up alot of information about it on her weblog. I noticed there are some Symbols in it that have been drawn by some of us, which might give some more information on issues that are currently around.

To have a look, here is the link:
http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/

Have a good one!!:)
Many Blessings
Elven x

Pipistrelle

Wow - that's profound stuff! Thanks for posting the link Elven and thanks for writing it Lynda ;)

"This feels like an adjustment that urgently needs to be made but ends up being like the itch that one can't quite scratch." This exactly describes how I'm feeling at the moment. In the novel Bellwether, by Connie Willis, the word "itch" becomes slang for feeling kind of blah, don't know what to do with yourself, feel like you want to do something but don't know what - and yesterday I remember saying, "I feel really itch". It's a great way to describe a really horrible feeling ;) My state of being "bewitched, bothered and bewildered" doesn't seem to be over yet and I can't quite work out what to do about it.

Ah well...

Pip

Elven

Hi Pip, :)

Pipistrelle said:
"This feels like an adjustment that urgently needs to be made but ends up being like the itch that one can't quite scratch." This exactly describes how I'm feeling at the moment. In the novel Bellwether, by Connie Willis, the word "itch" becomes slang for feeling kind of blah, don't know what to do with yourself, feel like you want to do something but don't know what - and yesterday I remember saying, "I feel really itch". It's a great way to describe a really horrible feeling My state of being "bewitched, bothered and bewildered" doesn't seem to be over yet and I can't quite work out what to do about it.

I went and read the Weblog again! It mentioned 'creative' adjustment and it made me think of your collages. Possibly these are working on a deeper level for you.(?) I liked your comparison to the Symbol too. I hope you come through the last of 'The Canyon' soon, and you find your path out.

The Weblog also brought up some other thoughts, but they had more of a political connotation and included the countries such as Iraq, USA, Korea and China.

From the weblog:
As Chinese Whispers can get out of hand rather quickly, one should realise that not everyone is going to hear a message in the same way. Situations can arise where people are not only misunderstood, they are misquoted and rumours can take off very quickly. None of this is necessary, of course, but it can be a part of the picture.

This reminds me of what has already happened between the Newsweek article which sparked more conflict in Iraq. I dont think we have heard the last of this type of mis-reporting!!!

Its going to be an interesting month!

Many Blessings
Elven x

Pipistrelle

Hi Elven,

Yes - I totally forgot about that part of what Lynda wrote! Doh. The whole "exploring" thing seems to be a creative adjustment for me - trying to concentrate less on the destination and more on the journey; exploring creatively and seeing what emerges rather than deciding what I'm going to create.

I have only done two digital collages so far - the one I posted here and another more abstract and meaningless one ;) After doing the second one I felt a bit...not sure what the word is...shallow, I suppose, because there was no intention behind it - unlike the first one inspired by "American Indians Making Camp in New Territory" - and also because once finished, there really seemed to be no meaning I could draw from it, apart from "those colours look good together". I felt as if it was a waste of time. This is the feeling I need to conquer if I intend to continue exploring. Yes, I put a lot of random images together to create something visually pleasing but seemingly meaningless - BUT just because I can't see any meaning, doesn't mean there isn't one. And, as you mentioned, just the process of doing this - of setting out to play, explore and create something without knowing what it is to begin with - is probably of more importance than what I create. It's a difficult lesson for me to learn. I have a tendency to give up too easily ;)

Thank you for replying to my post. Although I seem to have rambled on here, it is only because you made me realise most of the stuff I've just written!

Pip

Elven

Pip. Hi :)

Are we two peas in a pod? I mentioned on Saturday that I was so displeased about some Symbols I had made, and I has been looking forward to doing them for weeks! The design just didn't turn out, I couldn't translate how I felt, to create them in a way I wanted them to look.

But just a few thoughts on this from me. I went away for the weekend, leaving my cards that I had made, at home. I read a book. There was one line in it that got to me which mentioned that I should have a look around my immediate environment for a clue as to what could reflect my situation and something which may provide a solution.
My car used to reflect me like a mirror, and still does to some degree. Its starting to rust a little, the apholstery need some work. The automatic transmission has a leak, theres also an oil leak through the fuel pump. The motor is tired and has done too many miles without a service - spark plugs need replacing, and the starter motor doesn't always kick in to start the car - This is me!!! :) (LOL). So this nicely translated sort of means that Im a clapped out old buggy at the moment, but I still go!! - sometimes!! :)

Anyway, (back to the situation of the cards and the present) the book said to do something phyical to represent an action that would represent what you would like to happen to fix things.
When I got home, I realised, that for the past few weeks, my kitchen sink wasn't draining, by the time I went away, it wouldn't drain at all. So, when I got home, the sink issue was very relevant. So I did a small meditation and then grabbed the sink plunger and 'Unblocked the sink drain' - with the intent of 'unblocking' my life and my creative blocks. It represnted so much for me, I watched the water drain into the plug hole, and the water flowing effortlessly.
I beleive this action represents the start of my healing process. Im now looking at all the plumbing, and found that some taps are hard to turn on, (relating to my getting things flowing) and others have leaks (wasted resources) - they'll be fixed this week. I also realised I often miss the garbage truck, so my garbage piles up in the bin to overflowing before they come around again. (Yuck). Someone else used to take it out for me, but they're not doing it anymore - its up to me to take my own garbage out! (Its up to me to look after my own personal garbage) Another relevant physical action I can do (with intent) to instigate an effect.
Sorry about the rambling, but I just thought this after you wrote your post, and thought it was a good tecnique. I also just realised I have a blown globe in the kitchen! If I fix it I might be able to see what Im doing in that industrious place! :) LOL!! Ive been substituting with the light from the bathroom, because my ceilings are 12 foot high and I need to climb on something to get up to change the globe! Aha!! Maybe I have to stretch a bit to reach!!
Im glad you prompted me with your post.

It reminds me of Helvetica planting her new garden and how Symbolic that was! New soil, seeds, plants, being helped by her mother, watering, nuturing - I thought that was great. New ideas and energy pulsating through the earth, developing and growing!!
and
Skydancer, just having to remain still and take in the beauty of the new turning season!

So, I have put my cards away and will let my creative mind sit for a few days. I have a put my intention into physical action and am now aware that within the near future, my creative enrgy will start to flow!

Just a few ramblings after a good nights sleep. Obviously Ive had too much coffee this morning as well!:) LOL!!

But I just thought I'd post!

Many Blessings
Elven x