New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

Maskelyne

By the way in my deck there was this clear plastic card with lines that when placed on top of the cards make them look really interesting!
That is interesting! Eltarot, any chance we could get a pdf of that overlay to print out at home?

eltarot78

Hi Maskelyne

I'm sending you a PM

strings of life

I finally made my way to the post office to pick up my package. Darn you signature required :laugh:.

EnchantedShadow, thanks for assisting with making these readily available to us. The 3rd edition is spectacular! I love how it looks aged.

I'm about to embark on my TdM journey and am now torn between using this or my Noblet. Decisions!

eltarot78 * applauds *. Well done!

Time to round those corners ;).

eltarot78

Hello aurarcana

thank you very much for your congratulations

round the corners is just a suggestion, but they look very big changes shape, having the appearance of a deck of playing

I do not find the word in English, to differentiate the words mazo (deck) with baraja (deck)
the idea is to have more appearance of baraja.

Good journey

agviz

I rounded the corners of my Robledo TdM using a 3mm corner rounder from Amazon and I love the way it looks. Plus it is less likely to snag on my spread cloth and damage the corners. I like the 3mm rounder with this deck because it's a fairly small radius which seems fitting for the border.

I also used a light tan marker from my local art supply store to darken the edges of the cards (slightly) so that their color matches that of the card faces. It takes away the brightness of the white edges and carries through the aged look from the front of the cards. I'm very happy with the results. :)

eltarot78

Hi agviz

Straight edges so leave them to respect the historic appearance,
there is always time to round them, to make them straight is impossible :)
is amazing how appearance changes with round edges.

when you have time and I'd like to see a picture of the new look of your deck.

the blank card accompanying the deck, is exactly the same material as the other cards, anticipating in case anyone has similar initiatives to you, so you can experiment with different inks, run them with your finger to erase or delete semi, etc.

agviz

I debated about rounding the corners because of the very historical aspect that you mentioned. But when I saw that I was beginning to snag and fray the corners, I figured it was for the best. In fact I had to curb some of my rough shuffling because I noticed a tiny bit of lamination coming up. No more riffle shuffling (yes, I'm bad)!

Attached are a few images of the deck with rounded corners. There's also a side view of the deck with tinted edges, compared to the Dodal without tinting yet. I feel the card edges are more subdued and natural-looking this way, and it's something I've begun doing with several of my older looking decks.

The marker I used to tint the edges is a Prismacolor Premier PM-205 "Parchment". I took one of the Robledo TdM cards to Blick Art Supply in my area and tested a couple dozen colors on a separate piece of paper before settling on this shade. The corner rounder I used is the the heavy duty 3mm rounder by Oregon Laminations and it's available on Amazon for around $37 USD.

I've really enjoyed working on the deck and making these very slight changes to it; you might say it was a bit of deck bonding - and I'm very happy with the results. If anyone is inclined to round the deck or tint the edges, always practice on other card stock before working on your deck. ;)

Attachments

• RobledoTdM01.jpg
    RobledoTdM01.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 111
  • RobledoTdM02.jpg
    RobledoTdM02.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 132
  • RobledoTdM03.jpg
    RobledoTdM03.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 103

eltarot78

thank you very much for the photos, really beautiful this being your deck.

to something like that is what I meant when I suggested it, touch it, fondling, get in touch with, may be increasingly being its your deck, may be increasingly taking energy from you.

regarding the role as everything has its pros and cons,

from now on other suggestions because experience you
is "No riffle shuffling" with this deck, :)
requires a shuffling soft, silky smooth sliding ;)

the great advantage of laminate is the preservation of the images for years to come

eltarot78

Another thing I wanted to add, I really like the selected color to paint the edge, very good choice,

agviz

Thanks for your comments Pablo. Yes, I really have connected with the deck and I am using it quite a bit. The more I study it, the more I find new details to enjoy and add to the reading. When I do a reading with this deck, I don't just get an answer and move on. The artwork encourages me to slow down, study, and ponder. It's a very rich and rewarding deck.