I need a tarot of Marseilles free of copyright

TdMReader

You could try contacting an independent deck creator with your idea and ask their permission to use their deck. They may be happy for their deck to be used subject to certain conditions.

ihcoyc

Thank you. I will see if it is possible to use them commercially.

Anything on Wikimedia Commons that's marked public domain due to age should be public domain and free for any use. There are also several decks on French Wikipedia that might help.

Byron

You could try contacting an independent deck creator with your idea and ask their permission to use their deck. They may be happy for their deck to be used subject to certain conditions.

I tried to do it and they wanted to charge me too much.

Originally I had placed this thread in the forum of creation of harnesses in case anyone wanted to promote a deck of their own and they took it from there bringing to here.

Byron

Anything on Wikimedia Commons that's marked public domain due to age should be public domain and free for any use. There are also several decks on French Wikipedia that might help.

Those images do have copyright because they belong to known covers, for example the colored Marseille is that of Fournier.

OnePotato

Hello Byron.

Do not know if I can use these images or if you also have copyright?

http://www.britishmuseum.org/resear...x?partid=1&assetid=513575001&objectid=3088855

If you look at the 8th line of text, below the image of the cards, you will see it says:
"© The Trustees of the British Museum"

The British Museum licenses their images, for a fee that varies depending upon your intended use.

If you look at the second line of text in the right hand column, you will see a link called "Use Image". That will take you to a page that explains their terms of use, and gives the contact info for requests for commercial use.

Byron

Hello Byron.

If you look at the 8th line of text, below the image of the cards, you will see it says:
"© The Trustees of the British Museum"

The British Museum licenses their images, for a fee that varies depending upon your intended use.

If you look at the second line of text in the right hand column, you will see a link called "Use Image". That will take you to a page that explains their terms of use, and gives the contact info for requests for commercial use.

Yes, I was noticing. I have no way out.

gregory

You MIGHT be able to work something out with Yves Le Marseillais, who has published historical restorations of several TdMs. I think he would charge you - and I think he OUGHT to charge you - copyright is there for good reason. But even so - it might work out better. It can't hurt to ask.

Byron

You MIGHT be able to work something out with Yves Le Marseillais, who has published historical restorations of several TdMs. I think he would charge you - and I think he OUGHT to charge you - copyright is there for good reason. But even so - it might work out better. It can't hurt to ask.

Thank you, I will. But every time I find myself closer to sending a mallet to a cartoonist.