Timing in a Grand Tableau

celticnoodle

I'm trying to figure out how to do timings in a Grand Tableau. I've looked online at a few sources and it seems that everyone has a different way. So, I'm hoping some here can give their thoughts.

For instance, in the Grand Tableau, when I see the Snake card in the house of Rider, which I would read as news coming to the person the reading is for that could be from a dark haired woman or possibly troubling news. How would I read WHEN to expect the news?

Some sources mention that I would use the card number for the timing--which I believe means using the snake cards number 7 and reading it either as in 7 days, 7 weeks, 7 mos or the 7th month of the year, which would be July.

yet another source says to set the question with an already established time frame. So, if the question was about finding a job, your question should be something like "How soon will I be able to find a job?". but, I'm not happy with this thought as I would want to be able to tell the person a fairly specific time as to when to expect the news to arrive. And, then in the same G.T. reading, perhaps tell them when the contract would be a done deal-by perhaps reading the card that falls in the house of ring for contracts. so, I'm trying to tell time for various cards within the same G.T. reading that has no original time limit in the question put forth to the reading.

another source says you need to find the significator and then count the cards in relationship to that card. So, if the significator was a man and he was in the house of garden, (#20), I am not sure how to read for that. Do I count EACH card till I get back to the house of rider, which will be 19 spaces? and would that mean 19 days, 19 weeks or 19mos?

Thank you in advance for any help!

CosmicBeing

Timing can be predicted by where it is positioned.

SO say you have something like...

(bird)woman - (House)Bird - (snake)House - (rider)snake...........(woman)Heart

If the Gt layout is say 12 months...
Say the (rider)snake falls in the line above that takes 7 units to finish.

I would divide 12/7 and that will give you an idea

In addition....You can find out what is happening now and speculate when something will happen because you know the end of the line.

That's how I use to do it...but I haven't practiced it in a while. SO I don't know how fool proof it is.

celticnoodle

thank you, CB. I appreciate your post and just to clarify, with the snake card in the house of rider, I would divide 07(value of the snake card) by 12 for a "time" of when they can expect that information?

The problem is--the decision could actually take over a years time to come about or it can take 1 month. They truly have no idea when to expect it and asked for a reading to shed some light on it. (its someone close to me I'm doing the reading for) So, would this make a difference--dividing it by 12 when it could be as much as a year and a half or two years?

Anyone else have thoughts here?

decan

I haven't a long experience, and I come back to the basis!
Else as you say "it seems that everyone has a different way." Indeed!! :)

A Grand Tableau is complex, this needs some mastery and experience.
But I recognize that a Grand Tableau is something very appealing, and I tried to interpret a few of them in the past.
With caution I would say that my own GT covered a period between 3 and 6 months, I would say more than 3 months in any cases.
But how to highlight a precise time frame (or precise enough), honestly I think that we can't ask too much to a GT. If we can have relevant informations from a Grand Tableau, that's good enough.

So, if you want something more precise I would say to use a shorter spread with a definite frame time in your question.

celticnoodle

Thank you, decan. Yes, I know I could do smaller spreads, but I like to jump to the big picture and I have done many GTs for myself and other people in the past. Most I have done were quite accurate, but I've never actually tried to pinpoint a "timing" of things unless it was covered in the actual question for the reading.

But, since I am doing a G.T. and I would like to give a time for the "snake in the house of rider", I was hoping someone here could help me by providing a good answer that worked for them in the past.

I am still interested in hearing others thoughts, but I think I will just go with the 7 of the snake card being 7 days, weeks or months or the month of July, possibly July 01 (for snake and rider)- for the time being and then wait to see what comes of it.

So if anyone else has a good thought in how to predict the Time of the snake card in the house of rider for this grand tableau--I'd appreciate your post here. :)

CosmicBeing

celticnoodle:
thank you, CB. I appreciate your post and just to clarify, with the snake card in the house of rider, I would divide 07(value of the snake card) by 12 for a "time" of when they can expect that information?No...we are talking about following the cards to houses.
If there are 7 cards before it ends...then 12/7 = so each card to houses will hold a 1 to 2 month time period....if there were 5 cards cards to house before it ends such as (Heart)woman - (snake)heart-(rider)snake-(fish)rider-(woman)fish......those are 5 cards....12 months/5 units =2.4 months for each unit

woman-dog-snake = 3...so you could say in 7.2 Months which would be like 7 months & 6 days Snake in House of rider will manifest.

How to tell which point to start at it....depends on how question was asked...but most likely you will start at whatever card is behind the woman.

(woman)fish would be the past most likely....(heart)woman is the present....everything else it the future.

usually when I see the past..I only see it as a recent past.

so say the reading was done for January 1st - December 31st 2017
In this line the recent past might have been Around November - December 2016....the snake in House of rider would Manifest probably July 6th 2017.

But I haven't really practice this concept in a while. So I can't say how accurate it is...but I found it to be pretty accurate when I have tried it.

The problem is--the decision could actually take over a years time to come about or it can take 1 month. They truly have no idea when to expect it and asked for a reading to shed some light on it. (its someone close to me I'm doing the reading for) So, would this make a difference--dividing it by 12 when it could be as much as a year and a half or two years?It all depends on what timing you put to the reading...
If you cast the reading for 2 years that would be 24 months. If 3 years...it would be 36 months. But I wouldn't cast a grand tableau past 2 years...notice it's hard to keep up with it....but maybe for you it isn't.

celticnoodle

Nothing personal, CB, but that seems really complex and I don't like that way. :laugh: I want something quick and easy to determine! Joon, the system you gave is a bit easier--all I'd have to do really is to print out a page with all the dates on them, and that would be easy enough. I also like how someone mentioned Rana George does it, and I have her book, so will have to dig it out again and look at it again.

I have also read somewhere (online?) about the house representing the month and the number card laying within the house the day--but what about the cards numbered 31 to 36 and what about the houses 13 through 36? seems easy enough-but what to do with the others? seems ridiculous not to use them at all! But the list you gave at least has a system for each card! Now, I just have to try it and figure out is the timing for the house or for the card itself, and where I got the snake card in the house of rider, it looks like it could be anywhere from really soon, or up to 7yrs from now. :laugh:

Lenormand isn't always easy! :D

Barleywine

You might get some use out of Helen's Lenormand Dictionary, which has basic timing meanings for each card.

http://lenormanddictionary.blogspot.com/p/helens-lenormand-dictionary.html

Although many people read house-and-card combinations as if they are simply a two-card blend of meanings, coming from an astrological background I tend to see the card in the house as the main subject and the house itself as an "environment" similar to the way houses work in astrology. So Snake in the house of Rider could mean finding out about some deception via a message or messenger (the proverbial "bearer of bad news" - sometimes followed by "Shoot the messenger!"). The fundamental timing of the combination doesn't seem to be of much use since the Rider often indicates "soon" and the Snake can show "7 years" or "February," depending on whom you believe.

Since I don't read past-present-future with the GT (beyond considering it to have a 6-12 month duration), I don't have any advice for you there other than focusing on the individual card timing assumptions.

celticnoodle

Thank you, Barleywine. I'll soon go and read through that dictionary you provided. I decided to go with it being 7 days and sent it off to the person. so, we will see. I was going to say 7 days or 7 weeks, etc. but then, as you pointed out the rider is generally "soon". so, I just said 7 days. I figure that is "soon" enough. time will tell--in one week! if they get back to me in that time period. :D

I am reading through Andy Boroveshengra's book "Lenormand 36 cards" and I love how he also reads the G.T. the above wasn't really read this way--but now I am going to try this way a few times and see how it works. I did actually begin to read it that way--and someone who is a well known Lenny reader told me I was doing it wrong. However, when I gave the reading to my friend, they were amazed at how well it was done and could relate. In Andy's book though, I have learned of a few other things to read in the GT and so am going back to reading the GT like I began doing and incorporating the new ideas I am learning too.