Thoth Deck Printing History

ZKEI

RLG said:
Thanks for this info. So you're saying that the 'Mirror of your Relationships' in the yellow box set now includes the small size, 1996 cards with no Magi? If so, I will update the file accordingly.

That's right (according to the set I have with the ISBN shown above).
1996 AGMuller, 70 x 110 mm, Just one Magus card (the Juggler one, of course :) ).

RLG

Abrac said:
I'm on a 28.8k dialup connection and every time I try to download this file it stalls or fails. I can usually get most downloads though sometimes it takes awhile. Anyone else on dialup having a problem with this one?

I've added a new link in the original post to the scribd site. You need not download this version, it's a streaming pdf.

RLG

faunabay said:
This may not be as strange as it seems to me. But I'm not that knowledgable about the different thoth decks. I have what looks to be a White Box C with the OTO card printed white on black instead of the the other way around. All the scans I've always seen are the black on white. (shrug)

This is from my strange greenie I got from an amazon marketplace seller. I think the deck is not the match for the box it came to me in. The box says printed in Columbia, the LWB is in spanish, but the cards are in English and the OTO card is in english as well.

But like I said the OTO card is white printing on a black background. The hexagram is the red on black. I'm just curious to know about it. Is this just another weird printing?

Very interesting. If you ever have a chance to scan it, I'd like to use a copy in the next version, with your permission. Thanks for this info. I've only dealt with the English language versions, but can note this variation anyway.

Abrac

Perfect RLG, appreciate it!!

faunabay

RLG said:
Very interesting. If you ever have a chance to scan it, I'd like to use a copy in the next version, with your permission. Thanks for this info. I've only dealt with the English language versions, but can note this variation anyway.
Not a problem. I can get it scanned for you in the next couple of days. I'm pretty sure the box is not the correct/matching one for the actual deck that's in it though, because the box says "box and deck printed in Columbia" but the deck is in english and OTO card say "printed in Belgium". (shrug) But the LWB is in Spanish????? Just strange all the way around. LOL

Lillie

Amazing work!

A question.
Why does the OTO card from the Hong Kong deck (Gregory, you knew it was first, we have argued about this one in the past...) say 'Printed in the USA on it???

A comment.

I have 2 of the USG decks, 'greenies', both in white boxes with hex cards and OTO cards.
One is very late, from about 2000, cards are very slippery, very green.

Other deck isearlier, the cards are less laminated and thicker, the whole deck is thicker.
It is not in the least bit green.
It has grey/dark grey borders.
It's a non green greenie, the colours are very bright and clear, it's a lovely deck.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Teheuti

Lillie said:
I have 2 of the USG decks,

Other deck is earlier, the cards are less laminated and thicker, the whole deck is thicker.
It is not in the least bit green.
It has grey/dark grey borders.
It's a non green greenie, the colours are very bright and clear, it's a lovely deck.
I have one of those early USG/white box decks that is also quite nice - however I cut the borders off and no longer remember what color they were.

I remember from classes in the late 70s and early 80s that nearly everyone's deck looked different. Some were lighter and some darker or certain colors were better or worse. I think each print run must have been a little different - so it was the luck of the draw.

RLG

Lillie said:
Amazing work!

A question.
Why does the OTO card from the Hong Kong deck (Gregory, you knew it was first, we have argued about this one in the past...) say 'Printed in the USA on it???

Good point, Lillie! Perhaps I let that one slip by me, and it really belongs in the next section dealing with the USA printing of the deck.

Does any ATer have a Hong Kong printing with the OTO card included? That way we could double check this assertion. I may have just put the image in the wrong section.

This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for, to make the next version even better. Thanks !

RLG

Teheuti

RLG said:
Does any ATer have a Hong Kong printing with the OTO card included?
I have the Hong Kong printing (which I unsealed myself). The OTO card says "Printed in Hong Kong" just as the box does.

Mary

RLG

Teheuti said:
I have the Hong Kong printing (which I unsealed myself). The OTO card says "Printed in Hong Kong" just as the box does.

Mary

Thanks! I'll fix that in the document. I assume that card has the PO Box 2043 on it?