The Importance of Birth Time... !!!

Ffortiwn

I wonder if this may justify exploration into divinatory methods to glean birthtime information from mystical sources.

purple_scorp

Well actually, I'd said that I was trying to find my partner's birth time and he is business partners with one of Australia's top psychics and he was unable to help on the matter.

His mother thinks it was morning....don't know if that means 2am or 10am. At least I've narrowed it down to twelve hours. LOL. I haven't actually quizzed his parents yet. I think they'd probably be able to narrow it down further.

with love
purple_scorp

Psychebleu

Birth time is sooo important

I've done my own chart and natals for others - and I always pretty much insist on a birth-time. Sun-sign astrology is popular, but did you ever wonder why some seem to be n o t h i n g like their sun-sign suggests? Most people express themselves through the ascendant. That was the case for me. Before I took a deep interest in astrology I always thought, "What is this crap, this is so not me, Leo doesn't describe me at all!" Well, turns out my ascendant is Gemini - and it's dead on, down to the common supposed physical characteristics. I got my birth-certificate and found my exact time of birth. It was after doing my own chart that I learned the importance of birth-time. Anyway, houses are a big deal for me, and the ascendant sets the entire chart.

Ffortiwn

Arise, thread

Recently I started inputting Sun sign data into a medium-to-large sized family tree database I have. I plan to create a special report illustrating the results. It's very sad to have so few options for determining other planetary placements (especially Rising). I suppose this sort of data gathering will only eventually become possible through good psychic investigation or some form of time travel.

Has anyone else studied Sun sign patterns in families?

Ffortiwn

Idea: Perhaps a more practical, down-to-earth solution for determining precise birth times can be identified much sooner than the invention or discovery of time travel is likely to be.

Radiocarbon dating compares the current state of matter to a reliable disintegrations per minute (dpm) calculation and makes a deduction. It's not quite that simple, but that's about it in a nutshell. So I can easily imagine geneticists finding a way to look at something in a person's DNA and make a similar deduction.

I'm sure I can't be the first person to speculate that there must be some rhythmic pattern or pulse emitted by something in the DNA that acts as the veritable second hand of a clock.

Any theoretical geneticists in the house? :)

Minderwiz

Sun signs are too restrictive for genealogical research (and really for everything else)

You might start off with Erin Sullivan's 'The Astrology of Familear=y Dynamics' and I seem to remember a series of articles in the Mountain Astrologer two or three years ago.

On the importance of birth time I have also long held the view that an accurate time is essential, however this was shaken a little by the account of the release of the wrong time of birth for Lady Diana Spencer on the occasion of her engagement to Prince Charles. Astrologers used the wrong time of birth in good faith yet still came up with quite accurate readings. The account can be found in Geoffrey Cornelius' 'The Moment of Astrology' and his point is that this wrong time still had astrological significance for the 'moment of the engagement'

Ffortiwn

Minderwiz said:
Sun signs are too restrictive for genealogical research (and really for everything else)

You might start off with Erin Sullivan's 'The Astrology of Familear=y Dynamics' and I seem to remember a series of articles in the Mountain Astrologer two or three years ago.
Yes, I truly regret that Sun sign data is all I have for many of these folks. But I thought some trends might show up and still be useful. I'd be curious to know how useful it could be, potentially.

As I mentioned up-thread, one day I really do believe there will be ways to deduce birth time via other methods we haven't discovered or devised yet. For example, one could explore historical events or anecdotes or personal writings, extrapolate a personality framework of sorts, and then go to ephemeris data and cross-reference as much as possible. Then, ensuring that the two researchers have no contact with one another for the sake of data integrity, have another researcher use more esoteric or oracular means and then see where the two projects overlap, if anywhere. I can see this sort of approach having mixed levels of success depending on many different kinds of factors.

On the importance of birth time I have also long held the view that an accurate time is essential, however this was shaken a little by the account of the release of the wrong time of birth for Lady Diana Spencer on the occasion of her engagement to Prince Charles. Astrologers used the wrong time of birth in good faith yet still came up with quite accurate readings. The account can be found in Geoffrey Cornelius' 'The Moment of Astrology' and his point is that this wrong time still had astrological significance for the 'moment of the engagement'
Fascinating stuff. Coming from a perspective where science and spiritual practices/beliefs agree in theory, I would want to probe their explanation for why the accurate readings worked out so well, but I don't have that book yet. For one thing, what time did they actually use and what event or idea did that time actually correspond to?

Minderwiz

To do justice to the saga would take a very long post but in essence the first natal details issued by the palace was a 14:00 BST 1st July 1961, at Sandringham. The chart for this date has a Libra Ascendant ruled by Venus in Taurus. The 17 degree Libra Ascendant was right on Charles' Venus and the secondary progressions measured very closely to the Royal Wedding through the progressed Ascendant to natal Mars, Lord of the 7th house of marriage.

However very soon a correction was issued giving a new birth time of 19:45 same day same place. The new chart had an Ascendant in Saggitarius. The new chart also gave some startling pointers, one being progressed Uranus opposing the natal moon for the deeply damaging revelations by Andrew Morton in the winter of 1991-92. This progession was accurate to one minute of arc. There were other indicators which forshadowed possible suicide attempts and showed some of the vulnerabilities in Diana's make up.

In Autumn 1992 it came to light that this chart in turn was wrong (verified by Diana) and the original birth time was correct. Both charts gave forceful insights into Diana, the second especially for the period in which her marriage broke down.

I've left out quite a bit of data but I think the point is that two separate charts, according to Cornelius, provide such startling insights into Diana.

Lillie

joya250 said:
Do many of you know your exact time of birth?

I haven't got a clue about mine.

And I am also a bit vague about my sons.

I was too busy at the time to look at a clock...

It was around 10.30 pm, but that's pretty rough.
Could be half an hour either way, but I tell him 10.30, cos what else am I supposed to say?

MCsea

Ffortiwn said:
Recently I started inputting Sun sign data into a medium-to-large sized family tree database I have. I plan to create a special report illustrating the results. It's very sad to have so few options for determining other planetary placements (especially Rising). I suppose this sort of data gathering will only eventually become possible through good psychic investigation or some form of time travel.

Has anyone else studied Sun sign patterns in families?

Just a quick note
YES I HAVE,
but we got a list of all the degrees for all the planets..
(we use sabian symbols as well as degrees - just cause we fnid it easier to remember words for an image than an astrological number)

Our family even though many do not share sun signs, has a VERY high correlation with sabian symbols, ie: many people in our family have a planet sitting between the Astrological Degree Libra 6 - Libra 7.

MARINA

PS thank you everyone here for posting - I am reading - very interesting..