2007 Quantum Tarot Calendar

The 78th Fool

Some of you may already know from the existing thread on the Quantum Tarot that Kay and myself have been planning to publish a Quantum Tarot Calendar for 2007 incorporating imagery from the deck. I've now had the quotes back from the printers and we should be able to go ahead with it very shortly.

In order to supply the printers with an accurate idea of the quantity we're going to need we've decided to do the whole thing on a pre-ordering system. As such I'll be adding a pre-order page with paypal buttons to my web site over the next week or so. We should be able to offer the calendar for around £10 sterling - I'll confirm the price nearer the time. This should be inclusive of UK post and packing although we've still got to work out overseas postal charges. we'll try to keep it as low as possible.

The calendar images won't be literal reprints of individual cards - we'll be adapting them to landscape format and in some cases we'll be combining and collaging images from several different cards. In this way we hope that you'll get something truly unique. As promised, we'll include versions of Juno and Jupiter.

In the meantime, here's a draft version of Juno to give you some idea of how the calendar will look. The calendar itself will be printed A4 landscape and spiral bound. Each copy will be signed by Kay and myself.

If you'd like to view the whole deck now it's finished, have a look at the new web site:

http://www.butlerart.co.uk/quantumtarot/

I'll post again shortly when we're ready to open the pre-order period

Chris. xx

Attachments

• Juno.2007.Calendar.jpg
    Juno.2007.Calendar.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 156

The 78th Fool

Just to update, Kay and I finalised the calendar images on Friday and we're now ready to accept pre-orders. I've put a new page in the Quantum tarot web site, including paypal buttons for pre-ordering:

http://www.butlerart.co.uk/quantumtarot/Quantum_Tarot_Calendar_07.htm

The pre-order period closes on July 10th and We'd hope to have the calendars available by early August.

In the meantime, I've attached a selection of the calendar images for you to see, including the front cover.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 2007.Cover.jpg
    2007.Cover.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 145

Leo62

We worked long and hard on this last week, and I can honestly say that although we've used images from the deck, we've combined them in a unique way (as I hope you will be able to tell from the examples!). This is also your only opportunity to get a copy of the extra Jupiter and Juno card images that Chris produced, as we won't be including them in the deck (sales pitch? moi?) ;)

webmuse

ZOMG! Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*collapses from the sheer beauty of it all*

.traveller.

Very nicely crafted imagery. Is it all computer generated? It looks like digital photographs were incorporated in places. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, this is my first exposure to your work.

Leo62

Thanks webmuse and traveller :)

The images were created in Photoshop using a variety of photographic sources. Most of the space images come from either NASA missions or the Hubble Space Telescope, so I suppose you'd call them digital! Hope that answers your question traveller...78th Fool will probably be able to give you a more in-depth technical answer ;)

The 78th Fool

Leo62 said:
Thanks webmuse and traveller :)

...78th Fool will probably be able to give you a more in-depth technical answer ;)

Think of it as cut and paste but in the computer !! The bulk of the source material is digital photography (although there are also illustrated or vectographic elements as well). I find that working in photoshop allows you to splice it all together in a more seamless manner than would be possible in the 'real' world. I also make use of a number of 'filters' and special effects as well as different light modes which alter the transparency and luminosity of the various layers. Hope this helps.

Chris. xx

.traveller.

Yes, thank you! I've done some work with Photoshop so I am familiar with the terminology/process you explained. Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

Leo62

Time's nearly up!

Just a reminder that the order period ends Monday 10th July, no extensions, revisions or moving of goalposts ;)

The 78th Fool

Update - 7th September 2006. Calendars Dispatched.

Just a quick message to say thanks for your patience to everyone who ordered the calendar. we had unanticipated delays with the printer but the Calendars were finally dispatched by post last week.

Apologies that I haven't PM'd or emailed in person - I'm in the process of selling my house and moving from London to the North of England so in the general state of disorganisation I've got a little behind on communications.

I've already had confirmation of one calendar reaching the States so everyone else should receive their copies shortly.

On behalf of Kay and myself, thanks for supporting this project and an extra thankyou for your patience once again.

Chris. xx