The Aces in early dating stages

The seed, like the Ace, represents energy, and that energy will follow the plan of the suit, the result of your gardening skills being found in the end result. If you plant an apple seed and water it, you'll get an apple tree. The Ace of Cups might end in a happy marriage and family; the Pentacle in a beautiful garden, or a job on Wall Street; Ace of Wands might end in a great Art Show; the Ace of Swords in discovery of a great truth or graduating with honors from Columbia University. I see the Ace as a card of "dreams".... if you have a dream and you work toward it, it can become a reality. Of course, you don't get any guarantees: a hail storm can wipe out your garden, the love of your life may become an alcoholic; you may lose your job and go bankrupt; and the Art show could get cancelled. The beautiful thing about the seed is that if you have the strength and power of the tiny seed in your nature, you will get back up and replant. You can dream and grow until you die...and maybe even beyond.....if you are that Ace.

What a beautiful description! I like how you see the aces as long-term possibilities and not just the potential for a beginning. It makes me think of the bigger picture.

Ruby Jewel

What a beautiful description! I like how you see the aces as long-term possibilities and not just the potential for a beginning. It makes me think of the bigger picture.

If you think about it, you will see that the tiny little seed is the magic in our world...that is the way I see the aces....they have the potential to manifest magic.....if you dream. As I see it, everything begins with a dream.

jenster

When the relationship is a potential one I have only seen the Ace of Cups be meaningful in the sense of it becoming romantic.

When there isn't a relationship the Ace of Pentacles for example can just as likely speak for a potential friendship or cooperation and the Ace of Swords for intellectual respect or a no nonsense communication.

The Ace of Wands could be attraction but for the potential for a fun mainly physical relationship though, of course, a lot of loving and long term relationships have started like that.

I really like Aces in a reading for a potential relationship though. They tell of seeds that *are* there and even the Ace of Swords could eventually become love- a great kind of love, one that started with a meeting of minds.

We tend to ascribe cards in potential relationship readings the same meanings we give in relationship readings. At least I did and found it to be a great mistake.

Ruby Jewel

When the relationship is a potential one I have only seen the Ace of Cups be meaningful in the sense of it becoming romantic.

When there isn't a relationship the Ace of Pentacles for example can just as likely speak for a potential friendship or cooperation and the Ace of Swords for intellectual respect or a no nonsense communication.

The Ace of Wands could be attraction but for the potential for a fun mainly physical relationship though, of course, a lot of loving and long term relationships have started like that.

I really like Aces in a reading for a potential relationship though. They tell of seeds that *are* there and even the Ace of Swords could eventually become love- a great kind of love, one that started with a meeting of minds.

We tend to ascribe cards in potential relationship readings the same meanings we give in relationship readings. At least I did and found it to be a great mistake.

Since the tarot is based on energy, everything in it is in the form of potential, not just the Aces.

jenster

Since the tarot is based on energy, everything in it is in the form of potential, not just the Aces.

I understand where you're coming from but can't agree at least not completely. Most if not all minor arcana cards are actually quite descriptive and concrete and Aces alone I believe can be singled out as possibility.

Ruby Jewel

I understand where you're coming from but can't agree at least not completely. Most if not all minor arcana cards are actually quite descriptive and concrete and Aces alone I believe can be singled out as possibility.

It is just the way I read...nothing in cement or predictable. Imo, the answers are not in the cards..the answers are in the querent which is why I don't take questions....I just read the energy surrounding the situation and the client, for better or worse...to help them make their own choices. If I start giving advice, I'm pretending to know something I don't. Energy is just potential form to me. We all develop our own style, and so it isn't necessary to agree or not...just take what you find useful that resonates with you and discard the rest. I won't be offended.

Curious1

Does everyone have specific examples of how the aces played out in the early stages of dating? Of course, it makes sense the see the aces early in a potential relationship because they represent the seed being planted, or the possibility of coming to fruition. I'm just curious if others have examples of what each ace meant, or if aces often fizzle out.

Here are my takes:

Ace of Swords - definite communication, and usually deeper discussions beyond small talk.

IMO, the reason the energy of the Aces "fizzle out" is because the next steps toward growth were not taken. You have a good example of this with your definition on the Ace of Swords…the Ace would be "small talk" - the breaking of the proverbial ice - and the next step would be a deeper conversation. The deeper conversation would never have happened if the initial small talk hadn't come first. And, the small talk determines whether or not you want to take the conversation any deeper or abandon it altogether.

@jenster Are you speaking in terms of when two people have just met or haven’t even met at all? I do see your warning about differentiating between potential relationship readings and established relationship readings, and that is a great point. From what I can recall, I see the aces come up the most often in situations where two people have established a small amount of a connection through meeting a few times.

@Curious1 I do agree with you; the next step has to be taken in order to achieve the full potential of the Ace. The aces are not guarantees, just opportunities.