Getting to Know Yourself Transparently

rwcarter

Whitestar said:
I have a question about position #8, the insignificant me. What exactly does that mean to you? Ways the querent feels insignificant, OR is it more things about you others view as insignificant, or something else altogether??
The position can mean whatever you want it to mean, but I interpreted as a representation of the sitter when they feel insignificant.

If that still doesn't make sense, I'll try to explain it better by examples.

Rodney

ClimbTheseWalls

Is this meant to be done using reversals?

rwcarter

ClimbTheseWalls said:
Is this meant to be done using reversals?
I personally don't use reversals, but I don't see why they can't be used with this spread. Depending on the reversal of course, it could be rather interesting (i.e., difficult to interpret) if reversed cards appeared in certain positions of the spread. If you give it a try, please let us know how it works for you.

Rodney

Whitestar

rwcarter said:
The position can mean whatever you want it to mean, but I interpreted as a representation of the sitter when they feel insignificant.

If that still doesn't make sense, I'll try to explain it better by examples.

Rodney

Thanks! I think I understand....kind of like, in what way the sitter feels insignificant (when they do) for example, someone may feel insignficant as a money earner, another may feel emotinallly insignificant in a relationship, like that?

Whitestar

rwcarter

Whitestar said:
Thanks! I think I understand....kind of like, in what way the sitter feels insignificant (when they do) for example, someone may feel insignficant as a money earner, another may feel emotinallly insignificant in a relationship, like that?

Whitestar
Exactly!

Ocean Bliss

This looks to be a great spread. I'll give it a go as soon as I get the chance.

rwcarter

Ocean Bliss, please report back how the spread works for you.

Rodney

Ocean Bliss

It was actually very enlightening and gave me a good framework in which to work in as far as self development goes.

To sum up the reading- I really need to lighten up and stop worrying about what other people think so much.

rwcarter

Ocean Bliss said:
It was actually very enlightening and gave me a good framework in which to work in as far as self development goes.

To sum up the reading- I really need to lighten up and stop worrying about what other people think so much.
Thanks for posting back. I'm glad you found the spread useful. It's true for most of us that we need to lighten up and stop worrying about what other people think. I've conquered the latter part, but still need to work on the former. :D

Rodney