1st house jobs

isthmus nekoi

Mm, I was doing an interpretation for someone who's having a Saturn return. Natal Saturn's tenanting 6th while trine Uran (who in turn in 10th, conj MC) so career is an important issue right now. Prog moon is following right behind Saturn (also in 6th).
The native has:
1) Libra on MC, Venus in 1st, w/a wide conj to Jupiter. Venus makes some favourable aspects to Pluto, Neptune and the moon, as well as a square to a Uran/Mars opposition (not a strict T square however, as it is 'out of sign').
2) Cancer cusping 7th, Moon in 5th, inconj to Uran and trining Venus.
3) Gem is cusping 6th, and Merc is in Scorp/11th, opposing moon, conj Neptune.
I believe the native possess a keen intuition (coupled along w/other factors in the chart), as well as managerial (sp!!) ablities. Perhaps good placements for counseling and getting clients?

oceanpoetry, yes angular houses will have some kind of direct impact on career, or general life calling... basically your main role or function in society. The axis of 1/7 certainly plays an important role, although I imagine the strength of influence can vary widely from chart to chart.

As for ppl w/low 'drivers' in their chart.... I know Rushman's written about stelliums as drivers, but I think it depends which sign the stellium is in. I have a friend w/6 planets in Libra and she is pretty much content wherever she is, very low key. There's little dynamism in the chart, so her life is very peaceful. Despite the fact she isn't well off, she never really seems to have to struggle in life. This is compounded by the fact that her singleton fire is Neptune and Mars is in Cancer (fall). Before I studied astrology, I'd always tell her: your life is on such an even keel!
I find modern astrologers really getting down on the trines though, always stressing the 'laziness' factor. I don't see anything wrong w/laziness and living life on an even keel if it suits you and you are not mooching off the hard work of others :) The world is stressful and competetive enough already!