no air/earth/fire/water...........

silverting

i just came across a thread on another forum about lacking a particular element.......some said it may be a "hidden" trine......some people with no earth could be practical....well i have no air and im not that un-airy(rather interesting that my mtoher had no fire..brother no water...me no air..) anyway whats your opinon on missing element???? does the ac/ic/dc/mc help????

Minderwiz

There is a view that the absence of an element can be compensated for through placements in appropriate houses.

Thus for you with no air, placements in the third, seventh and eleventh houses may act as compensation. The reasoning being that areas of your life which demand 'Air' skills are reasonably prominant and you will therefore begin to develop those skills. Thus no Air but say a stellium in your eleventh house may mean that friendships, association with other, hopes aspirations and other airy things will be developed. Two or three placements in the third might well lead to good communication and mental skills.

Finally I don't think we should treat the lack of an element as suggesting that someone is incomplete or in some way deficient as a person. Having no Air in the chart does not mean that a person is unable to communicate, or to relate to others. It might mean that they find it difficult to look at themselves in a detached manner or it may be that they are slow to adopt new ideas or indeed tend to resist new ideas until they see the value of them in practical or emotional or activity terms

dadsnook2000

Compensation

As with most things in life you either have to get along without it or you have to compensate or substitute for it. Astrology charts for some people show compensation through aspect groupings between two or more planets. In the case of "no air" there may Mercury, Venus or Uranus/Saturn aspects (the rulers of air signs) that energize you. There may be placements of one/more of those planets at an angle. On the other hand, there may not be any direct or strong "air-like" support. That isn't tragic. Life lets us gather experience and find paths that we are comfortable with. Uniqueness is often a blessing in that it shows us more clearly how we are special and provides a mirror for others who are more moderate types -- and who may benefit from finding their own uniqueness. Dave.

Baby Owl

My daughter's chart has no planets in earth signs. I tease her about this when she does something absent-minded (she always did tend to be a bit absent-minded...her Sun, Mars, and Venus are in Pisces, which doesn't help! LOL)

Looking to the earth houses, she has nothing in the 2nd, Neptune in the 6th, and nothing in the 10th. All I can say is "good luck" to the 6th house as it tries to bring Neptune-in-Sagittarius (opposed Moon in Gemini in 12) down to earth!

Moving right along, her 7th house is in Capricorn but only the south node is in that house. 11th house is Taurus -- empty. 3rd house (Virgo) does contain Jupiter and Saturn, but nothing "personal".

Interestingly, after getting a full scholarship in engineering to a college, she decided she just did not enjoy engineering. She is now majoring in English and minoring in Music (she plays the piano).

punkangelgcm437

Little Water & Earth Here

I'm a bit lacking in water and earth myself. Oly Mercury&Pluto in scorpio in 11th house. And only Capricorn in Neptune, which doesn't cusp over any of my houses (I have 2 sag houses..1st and 12th). But I've never heard of the south node before, so maybe I might have a water or earth there. I also have 2 Gemini houses for 6th and 7th...thus Cancer doesn't cusp over.

But I can be super-emotional like a cancer so I don't know why that doesn't pop up. Hmm.

If you look at my chart...I have a ton of Fire & Air in me (explains the type A personality maybe?)

I don't think lacking in one or two elements makes you any more or less of a person...I think everyone is great how they are.

My Mercury also aspects Pluto and Neptune (M & P are my only water planets in my chart, and Neptune being my only earth.). Maybe that helps too??

I probably brought up more questions than anwsers, but that's what these forums are for right? :)

Added after edit: My birth info in case yall wanna look at it:
October 7th 1987, 12:55pm, Kokomo, Indiana USA.
I think this is the adress on astro.com:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?lang=e&btyp=apx&nhor=5&go.x=18&go.y=10

azuremariposa

well, i've asked about this before, and i'll tell ya it causes worry for nothing...lol

i have no water in my chart, and yet! i cry at the drop of a hat and am a very emotional person...BUT, i also have neptune on the MC & Moon conj Pluto (which gives me a rather Scorpion-type moon)...so, there's definitely compensation going on there...

what i find interesting is that often i've heard a lack of water signifies (possibly) having trouble COMMUNICATING your emotions, which is utterly true for myself...i'm terrible at communicating them, however i do feel them to the nth degree...

so, lacking an element isn't really that big of a deal, i think it just lends more "colour" and "weight" to your chart...makes it more interesting...

many blessings,

~azure

p.s. i was actually told once, "thank god you have that earth there, venus in taurus, jupiter in capricorn, blah blah blah"...i'd be just as happy if they were in fire or air signs, really...but i do like their placements, afterall, they make up the uniqueness that is ME...:)

never "dislike" your chart, b/c in essence you are then "disliking" yourself...embrace your chart and make the best of it! that's what i think is most important...there are no "bad" aspects...it's all what you make of it!

punkangelgcm437

There we go...azure kinda said what I was trying to say (and theres an aspect sayin I'm good at communicating...must be cuz I'm tired...yeah thats it...tired. LOL).

Embrace your chart. It's prettymuch you on paper kinda...well, maybe more or less your potential. I think Minderwiz, Moongold, or Isthmus told me that...well someone awesome like that.

Like, there are things that aren't perfect in my chart. Like...my Mars squaring my Ascendant...meaning 'fighting with partners'. Mars and Ascendant gives you like an Aries quality (another fire...where's Moongold...gotta tell the fire joke again. Is it not as funny anymore?? I need more fire jokes...hmm.). But I've just kinda thought 'so you'll fight with partners...just remember to keep that fire under control and you'll be fine' type stuff. And as for me lacking water and earth...I dont think it hurts me. I think I'm a pretty well-balanced person...just a bit on the firey side. :). What would the world be like without some people who are more on the Type A personality side..right? It'd be a mellow world with good drivers and good fast food service. it'd be completely different.

Azure--yes yes! The **expressing emotions**...not feeling. YES! I knew I had that semi-wrong. I'm not sure if I have trouble communicating my emotions or not...something maybe to keep in the back of my mind.

Think...MC=Med Coli=Mid-Heaven right. So for me that's Libra. I see how your Moon, Pluto, and Mid Heaven would do that. And since Moon is a pretty personal planet..yeah I think you get my point. Or maybe you see I get yours. I dunno...it's been a long day.

Well yall...I think I'll stop right here...maybe sleep time.

~Much Love To Everyone~
~Sarah~