Death and Knight of cups

SwordsQueen

Has anyone ever noticed the similarity between the two cards - especially pertaining to the stance?

I just had both come up side by side in a reading - and I was struck by the fact that the horses are in almost identical positions, facing the same way. And both figures are offering something - Death/flag and Knight/cup.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts.

firecatpickles

Another similarity, I think, is that both cards are Scorpio in the GD system.

SwordsQueen

OOh wonderful threads .. thank you.

re-pete-a

Both are approaching from the left,in hermetic lore (as we see it) coming from the moon, playing on the mind.(Rt from the sun)indicating from the dark,lower,fear etc.Not from light,but heading to growth,light.
________
List of jeep vehicles history

re-pete-a

OOOOOOhhhhhhhh!!! We just love how these lil talks work on the subconscious,.The death card has the flag with the black representation of a rose,had us scratching our intuitive chin.Now, VOILA!!??,The fifth element ,the quintessence,is withdrawn,death or lifelessness follows....SPIRIT WITHDRAWN.The Knight of cups is the inspiration, offer to the Queen,to help re-birth the spirit,and when done the king will reign (knowledge)....We can feel it in our water,a completed cycle!!!
________
KISSING ADVICE ADVICE

balenciaga

SwordsQueen said:
Has anyone ever noticed the similarity between the two cards - especially pertaining to the stance?

I just had both come up side by side in a reading - and I was struck by the fact that the horses are in almost identical positions, facing the same way. And both figures are offering something - Death/flag and Knight/cup.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts.

Strikes me as: offering you an out.

re-pete-a

somethings finished ,it was not planned but fateful,its over, kaput!Now somethings in the wind,to help get through it.In a nice way.take it or leave it a big change is in the air..
________
ROLL BLUNTS

rcb30872

I really had a lot of trouble seeing the pattern, but I finally have!

Yes, they do look rather similar. In Death, is approaching the stream, but not quite there. He is intercepted by the priest, or whatever he is, sort of to give the last rites (or whatever it is called, sort of like a funeral, I guess). After that is done, he is now free to cross over, or in this instance, cross the stream, to get to the other side. So, if that is the case, then Death is the ending, and then the Knight of Cups can be seen the beginning.

Knight of Cups, then, well basically it is up to him what he is going to do. Oh, I love his overcoat (or whatever it is) with the fish on it. Then there is that thing about the fish, some swim upstream, against the flow, and then some swim downstream, with the flow. Kind of see them fluctuating all the time, what has been and gone, and what is or will be.

re-pete-a

Just another take ,Death will come to all,(he's proportionally larger than all)He's bigger than kings etc.Background is the river STYX,further back the gates of heaven,on top of a steep cliff,(big climb,no easy entrance)
________
Chrysler M Platform Specifications