Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is launched

l'appeso

madenié tarot quick review

I just got my copy and I have to agree with the other comments; it's truly beautiful, you couldn't ask for more... just a few impressions:

box: sturdy & really top notch. even from that you can feel this isn't your average tarot pack.

wrapper: this is a classy touch and gives you the feeling of dealing with a real eighteenth century tarot. it is a real plus also from a philological point of view!

cardstock: it's thick. in fact it's the tallest deck I've got so far but the cards shuffle beautifully and the deck feels lighter in hand.

restoration: the colors are vivid without being too garish, they really come out. The back is ivory, whiter than the other historical repros I have. I like that, I guess this makes a deck you can use and not just look at. the "ghost" reflection that appears in some cards gives an "authentic" feeling to them.

original design: well, imho the madenié is probably the best Marseille ever! faces are truly expressive, comparing their expressions to the conver they feel more "relaxed" and you can guess they are smiling...

To sum up this would be my first choice for a TdM II type, it simply blows away all the other editions!

Thanks a lot, Yves you've done a really tremendous job.
Can't wait to see the next deck!

Le Fanu

This deck is calling me a bit, and the enthusiastic reactions aren't helping, you guys! Le Fanu, would you consider snapping a picture or two at some point? It always helps me to see a deck in natural lighting (to compare to scans).
I was thinking of doing a review on my blog this weekend but sombody round here has misplaced the camera :mad: . I'm sure it'll turn up over the weekend...

gregory

I was thinking of doing a review on my blog this weekend but sombody round here has misplaced the camera :mad: . I'm sure it'll turn up over the weekend...

What photos do you need ? I have a camera and your email address....

kalliope

I just found a helpful photo that Yves himself uploaded in this post that happens to show one card from the Madenié deck against many other popular TdMs.

I hope you find your camera, because I'd love to read a thorough review by you. I really enjoy reading your blog, and your pictures are always so nicely done. I'll cross my fingers and wish for your camera to show up. ;)

Hi gregory! Thank you for offering to send pictures, that's kind of you! :) I was just hoping to see a few cards laid out on a table or something to get a sense of how they look in the physical world vs. the digital files or scanned cards, which can give a different impression (to me). Sticking a card from any other deck nearby is always helpful for size and comparison.

If you have a chance to take some photos, they'd be much appreciated. :heart: But please don't feel obligated!

gregory

Hi gregory! Thank you for offering to send pictures, that's kind of you! :) I was just hoping to see a few cards laid out on a table or something to get a sense of how they look in the physical world vs. the digital files or scanned cards, which can give a different impression (to me). Sticking a card from any other deck nearby is always helpful for size and comparison.

If you have a chance to take some photos, they'd be much appreciated. :heart: But please don't feel obligated!
I'll see what Leffy wants in the morning... Bedtime now ! But sure, I'll post some.

Le Fanu

Thank you! It's turned up now (under the sofa :)) Tomorrow when the light is nice late afternoon I shall take some pics.

kalliope

Thank you! It's turned up now (under the sofa :)) Tomorrow when the light is nice late afternoon I shall take some pics.

:bugeyed:
!!! :|

I completely misread your post, gregory, and didn't realize you were talking to Le Fanu. How self-absorbed of me! Sorry!

Please disregard my obnoxious request for photos! :facepalm:

Rasa

I think that both of you should post pictures :p

I agree, it's always nice to see pictures of the actual cards laid out.

It's nice to tide one over until their own copy arrives. ;)

gregory

:bugeyed:
!!! :|

I completely misread your post, gregory, and didn't realize you were talking to Le Fanu. How self-absorbed of me! Sorry!

Please disregard my obnoxious request for photos! :facepalm:

You aren't being obnoxious. I QUITE understand how these things... :D

I've taken a few; as soon as I've had my weetabix... Then you will have MORE when Leffy posts his ! But he has a REVIEW to write :)

OK. Photos. I love Justice being a bit cross-eyed ! I put in all the cards Leffy specifically mentioned - look for the hints in the backgrounds !

Attachments

• DSCF0240.jpg
    DSCF0240.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF0243.jpg
    DSCF0243.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCF0244.jpg
    DSCF0244.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF0245.jpg
    DSCF0245.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCF0246.jpg
    DSCF0246.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 220

Sulis

Mine has arrived :D.

Oh my, it's just lovely :).. I'm very, very pleased.