Morgan Greer - Edition Identification

Abrac

The Windows of Tarot was published in 1973, but The Book of Tarot was published in 1981. The deck must have been issued in 1981 or sometime after that. The price of $6.95 for the books seems about right for the early 80s.

G6

Whoops, I got it wrong its a 2nd edition. Per Gregory's link 1st edition would have black border. I'm glad I don't have a black border! :)

I'm confused. Per the website Gregory linked the blue box is 1st edition, but the borderless cards are 2nd edition?

Abrac

Yeah, according to Kaplan the ones with no borders came first, then borders, then no borders again. But he doesn't give any time frames. Holly's site shows the ones with black borders as the first, but they're the second. Yours is either first or third. If Holly's right about the blue box then yours is a first.

gregory

I have an unbordered brown lift top box bought in 1980. 2nd edition, according to Holly - I'd have to go get it out. But it was BOUGHT in 1980, which dates it somewhat.

I have an unbordered blue lift top box with a page of Pods... This is not on Holly's page. I might email her. But not now.

G6

Yeah, according to Kaplan the ones with no borders came first, then borders, then no borders again. But he doesn't give any time frames. Holly's site shows the ones with black borders as the first, but they're the second. Yours is either first or third. If Holly's right about the blue box then yours is a first.

Well that's cool either way. Im not so hung up on which it is just want to know what I have label wise, but what I have deck wise is AWESOME!!!

I love the muted, faded look of it all and the 70's guys. The whole full beard, mustache thing is popular again though, ha! I just noticed my Chariot is off center. Hmm, I wonder if anyone else has an off center Chariot too?

Attachments

• Chariot.jpg
    Chariot.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 384

gregory

Now go sort your backs. There's a WHOLE THREAD about those.

G6

Now go sort your backs. There's a WHOLE THREAD about those.

Mine are all different star patterns on the backs. The off center Chariot seems to be the only printing mishap on the faces. I'm considering myself very fortunate! :)

Abrac

Morgan Press did make some nice decks. I've got an early Aquarian by them that's simply awesome. I used to have a couple of Morgan-Greers too that were very nice. :)

Rhinemaiden

My Morgan Greer, in a blue 2 part lift top box, has no black borders on the cards.

In my deck the 8 of swords is slightly out of register, like looking at 3-D without the special glasses.

Nica

These are so AWESOME!!!

I love them! Great find.