Mortality Impulses Tarot

aquestionmark

:p yes, I'm aware of that... the point is here EVERYONE owns the same rug, regardless of their choice of drapes ;) And for some of us it's visually distracting from the meaning/focus of the card...

This makes sense,if you're distracted by it what can you do??

Though for me, I don't feel that I can be picky, it's a step towards representing other standards of "beauty" and "feminine" and the reality of the body... maybe once more creators embrace body hair, I can then be picky about the various colors/types of hair reprented.. i do hope that this becomes the case though I have my doubts..

Either way, I'm enjoying hearing everyones reactions ;) There's a deck out there for everyone..

It's also interesting to see a nipple ring in the 7 of cups..

gregory

Wow there's LOADS on her instagram. Great stuff.

ETA I emailed her again. Bees for air for Swords - Laura was right.

Dee Ell

This makes sense,if you're distracted by it what can you do??

Though for me, I don't feel that I can be picky, it's a step towards representing other standards of "beauty" and "feminine" and the reality of the body... maybe once more creators embrace body hair, I can then be picky about the various colors/types of hair reprented.. i do hope that this becomes the case though I have my doubts..

Either way, I'm enjoying hearing everyones reactions ;) There's a deck out there for everyone..

It's also interesting to see a nipple ring in the 7 of cups..

:) well, my point isn't that body hair is distracting (I'm definitely not a postergal for "bodyscaping" - I've always hated shaving anywhere.)

I was simply backing up earthair's apparently unpopular opinion that it's aesthetically distracting...
***And again, this viewpoint has NOTHING to do with societal norms, expectations of body hair/type, etc - when I say "visually/aesthetically distracting" I mean from a purely artistic standpoint: it would be the same issue if the artist chose to make the darkest thing on the cards the women's feet - the point is it's not supposed to be the center of interest of the card but since it's a concentrated area of nearly pure black, it becomes the visual center of interest and THAT'S what I (and I'm guessing earthair) find distracting***

Not the fact that these women are wonderfully real. ;)

aquestionmark

***And again, this viewpoint has NOTHING to do with societal norms, expectations of body hair/type, etc - when I say "visually/aesthetically distracting" I mean from a purely artistic standpoint: it would be the same issue if the artist chose to make the darkest thing on the cards the women's feet - the point is it's not supposed to be the center of interest of the card but since it's a concentrated area of nearly pure black, it becomes the visual center of interest and THAT'S what I (and I'm guessing earthair) find distracting***
Sure, though, playing devil's advocate, dark pubic hair can be a very dense/draw the eye right to it.. understandably, some don't want that to be so blatant in a reading/artwork for sure..

Wow there's LOADS on her instagram. Great stuff..

YES!!

Dee Ell

Sure, though, playing devil's advocate, dark pubic hair can be a very dense/draw the eye right to it.. understandably, some don't want that to be so blatant in a reading/artwork for sure..

Of course, but the point earthair was making and I am reinforcing is that it seems to be on EVERY card we've seen... that's what's distracting. If it was just several that would be different (and - playing devil's advocate - more realistic ;) )

Laura Borealis

Maybe it IS supposed to be the focal point, though. Maybe all that black bush is a symbol of the Id by which the women are consumed, as per the artist's statement. :p

gregory

I've asked her to join here - I hope she does :)

quietly

Between Christmas presents, car trouble, and multiple other spontaneous purchases, I really didn't intend to be buying any more decks this year... but this one is tempting. I'm rather surprised to see a 78-card deck at that price point from an individual artist rather than mass market.

I'm so glad you posted this, aquestionmark.

ETA I emailed her again. Bees for air for Swords - Laura was right.

Actually, I think that was my post. :)

gregory

Between Christmas presents, car trouble, and multiple other spontaneous purchases, I really didn't intend to be buying any more decks this year... but this one is tempting. I'm rather surprised to see a 78-card deck at that price point from an individual artist rather than mass market.

I'm so glad you posted this, aquestionmark.

Actually, I think that was my post. :)
My apologies. Indeed it was. She drew attention to the card and I have no brain... :|

I think I shall buy this. It's CHEAP - even the postage is cheap.

Dee Ell

Maybe it IS supposed to be the focal point, though. Maybe all that black bush is a symbol of the Id by which the women are consumed, as per the artist's statement. :p

I can definitely see that, and for an exhibition of paintings on that theme, it would make sense for all of them to have a similar/same focal point.

My issue is that this is a tarot deck and every figurative card shouldn't have the same meaning/focal point or it nullifies the purpose of the deck (unless, of course, you just want it as an art deck and not one to read with, and then none of this discussion matters :p )