Real Antique Wüst Lenormand

Tag_jorrit

The Wüst Lenormand cards that I already found and restored are so lovely. But they have verses. Which is OK, but like a lot of other readers I like the playing card inserts. So I went looking for some old Wüst Lennies with playing cards. I do wonder if there were any ever made!

So I went looking for playing cards for inserts. Not just any old playing cards would do. I sought real ~Wüst~ playing cards. The Lennie gods must be on my side because I found some real beauties that look to be quite old. Maybe they came from the same time period because the colors in the royalty cards have colors that match the pictures and look like they were made for the Lennies!

10426268_318662738325380_189373821128633304_n.jpg

MoonGypsy

How lovely, Tag! And what an incredible find!

danieljuk

they are gorgeous Tag! :thumbsup:

Tag_jorrit

Thank you!

I have since discovered that Wüst did indeed produce a Lenormand with playing card inserts. I saw a couple of them and ... they were so boring. The few cards that were shown contained the same king with different colors on the clothes. Meh. These playing cards are so much more lively and evocative!

I finished the cards and sent them off to the printer and can't wait until they arrive,
to fondle them in my hot little hands. :D

They will fit nicely in the new tins that just arrived. Ahh, love new toys.:)

Le Fanu

fabulous! I shall be in touch...

mysticsphere

Deck is GORGEOUS. Love the artwork.