I officially hate the moon and stars!!

pickled pixie

I love most of the Lenormand cards and totally get their meanings except for these two cards!! Their meanings seem vague and non descript. someone's reputation rarely seems to work in my readings and as for the stars I don't really 'get' the meaning of this card at all :( Any pointers would be appreciated. .. :)

Lee

I love most of the Lenormand cards and totally get their meanings except for these two cards!! Their meanings seem vague and non descript. someone's reputation rarely seems to work in my readings and as for the stars I don't really 'get' the meaning of this card at all :( Any pointers would be appreciated. .. :)
Hi pickled pixie,

For the Stars, most traditional-oriented meanings seem to center around the idea of guidance, planning, and clarity. So you might think of a clear way forward, a light at the end of the tunnel, a guiding light. In business terms, perhaps a "five-year plan" to help organize efforts around an agreed-upon strategy or set of goals.

Some people also see Stars as indicating technology, Internet, etc. Another meaning you'll sometimes see is that of spreading or metastasizing (think of the few stars visible at dusk, then gradually more and more appear).

For the Moon, I favor a more conservative interpretation. Right now I'm following Rana George's meanings, but I disagree with her meanings for this card suggesting creativity, intuition, and romance. For me the Moon means strictly prestige, awards, fame, reputation.

I can see how one might think this a limited and narrow interpretation, but it's important to recognize the general concept and be able to apply it to different situations. Teheuti recently posted in a different thread about the Moon symbolizing a person's high regard for their doctor. Any situation where someone is thought well of is a Moon situation. It's not greatness in and of itself (which might be shown by the Sun or the Tower, for example), but rather the perception of greatness (or high regard or being impressed by or whatever) in another person or other people.

Hope that helps!

pickled pixie

Thanks for your advice Lee and I do use all those meanings, it's just I have such a hard time making them fit in my readings, I think it's because all the other meanings are more straight forward and these ones are more spiritual. ...I'm not sure that's the right word but I know what i mean :D

Lee

Thanks for your advice Lee and I do use all those meanings, it's just I have such a hard time making them fit in my readings, I think it's because all the other meanings are more straight forward and these ones are more spiritual. ...I'm not sure that's the right word but I know what i mean :D
Well, you might think of the Stars as any plan or guidance. So advice that someone gives you, or a strategy to solve a problem, or even simply an intention, anything that inspires or moves you to get from point A to point B, either literally or figuratively. Figuring out which bus or subway to take is the Stars. Deciding on which course to take is the Stars. Reading a post on this forum recommending a specific book or deck causes you to go to Amazon and put it in your shopping cart -- that's Stars.

For the Moon, if you're familiar with the Celtic Cross layout for tarot, you might think of the Moon similarly the "Others" position, which is often called "How others see you." You could, for example, have a situation where someone sees you in a less-than-favorable light -- maybe the Moon and then the Mice next to it (diminished reputation) or the Mountain (something's blocking someone else's regard for you) or the Cross (you have a reputation as a pain in the neck, LOL :D). Likewise, a positive card adjacent to the Moon would suggest high regard.

Padma

To me, the Stars often come across as the Internet, for some reason. Like Birds and Stars might mean an email or a PM or a forum. Or as Lee said, someone you view with respect. So say for example Lily and Man and Stars might be an older man you respect.

The Moon to me means seeing rewards for efforts extended. So it is a bit of a work card for me. If I work hard at some project, then Moon comes into my readings. It also seems to be a fantasy card, in the sense that if I personally drew Heart and Moon, I would think I was fantasizing about someone loving me, rather than it being a true romance or a romance card. So I also disagree with Rana's take on it being romantic. I see it as blindness or wasting your efforts.

Hope that helps a little! I have cards that I dislike too, they seem too waffle-y to make sense sometimes! I do not love the "neutral" cards in the deck very much.

danieljuk

This thread made me think of the saying "Reach for the moon, because if you don't make it you'll land among the stars" :)

The Stars can also show astrology and maybe other divination and spirituality, the esoteric! AT might be represented by that card :) But it doesn't always mean that when it comes up, so it's worth remembering that. I like it because it can show a new fresh start.

Both Stars and Moon can signify night time interestingly and Moon can represent night shifts or night work.

I read the Moon like Lee, honour, fame, reputation. I like the idea of it being a "spot light" (the person is the centre of it all).

I found Lenormand tricky at the start with the cards which have a sister in Tarot but they are a different meaning or a different slant on them. The Moon and The Tower were my most tricky ones. I normally think of them differently between the systems.

pickled pixie

Thank you all, you have given me food for thought :) ... I guess I find them trickiest if either of these cards are at the end of a reading ie this will happen as a result.. *looks blankly at the moon card* >_

Lee

Thank you all, you have given me food for thought :) ... I guess I find them trickiest if either of these cards are at the end of a reading ie this will happen as a result.. *looks blankly at the moon card* >_
How about: All the cards that preceded will affect how others see me/how I see [whoever the reading was about], in the ways suggested by those cards?

pickled pixie

I usually do a 3 card reading subject, modifier and then result not always but it usually works well....until one of these party poopers show up!! ;)

pickled pixie

I will definitely give it a go Lee! Thank you :)