question about "knighting" reading with a 3x3x3

starchaser1277

I'm practicing again, and just have a few questions about reading a 9 card square. For example:

Birds/stork/sun
Garden/bear/clover
Moon/tree/ring

So I read the first column as a past spot, the center as what is currently going on and the last column as future. I then read to top line as what may be occurring in the mind (much like the above you section in a Celtic cross), the center as what may actually be occurring, and the bottom line as "blessing" (I'm not sure if this is the correct way to interpret these positions. It makes sense that the first column would be indicative of the past and the last to be the future prediction.

Now here is my question, when knighting is it always read left to right, such as "birds/tree" or is it read from both directions, such as "tree/birds"? The combo means different things to me, as do many other combos, so I'm curious what the preferred method is. I would like to enhance my readings, and I feel that knighting may offer more in depth information to my sitters.
Anyone have any input regarding this?

Thank you kindly:)

mysticsphere

i use the order of whatever card i want to know more about. So if i wanted to know something about the Moon, i'd read Moon Clover, as an example. I dont think you use a past/present/future tense when knighting, it just gives additional info.

However, i don't knight all the time, nor use mirroring all the time in smaller spreads. Sometimes the information can be redundant or overwhelming. I only like using it to clarify certain key cards, or to support a statement made by other cards.

starchaser1277

i use the order of whatever card i want to know more about. So if i wanted to know something about the Moon, i'd read Moon Clover, as an example. I dont think you use a past/present/future tense when knighting, it just gives additional info.

However, i don't knight all the time, nor use mirroring all the time in smaller spreads. Sometimes the information can be redundant or overwhelming. I only like using it to clarify certain key cards, or to support a statement made by other cards.

Thank you for your advise. I wasn't sure if there was a "proper" way to use knighting when reading with Lenormand. I did not want to be giving misinterpretation when reading. I'm working on trying to give as much information as possible when reading.

Thank you for your response :)

MissNine

Hi! Great thread topic!

I'm learning this too!

When you knight, do you combine the cards, or just take the cards to mean what that knighted card is about?

For instance, Ring Knights to stork and garden, so you can say, "ah! The committment/contract relates to the community abd positive transition.

Or do you combine? Event contract. And change to a contract?

mysticsphere

Hi! Great thread topic!

I'm learning this too!

When you knight, do you combine the cards, or just take the cards to mean what that knighted card is about?

For instance, Ring Knights to stork and garden, so you can say, "ah! The committment/contract relates to the community abd positive transition.

Or do you combine? Event contract. And change to a contract?

personally, i just use it the first way you described. Feel free to experiment, tho! I am just a student myself, and thats how it works best for me :)

I have read that knighting can show future influences, so there's that to consider, but i haven't experimented with that yet.

MissNine

personally, i just use it the first way you described. Feel free to experiment, tho! I am just a student myself, and thats how it works best for me :)

I have read that knighting can show future influences, so there's that to consider, but i haven't experimented with that yet.

Good to know! Thank you!

Lee

I've moved this to the main Lenormand Forum as it's really a discussion about a reading technique rather than discussion of an actual reading. :)

-- Lee, Lenormand Moderator