Scythe in house of cross, is it really that bad ?

Sharla

Scythe to me is something painful that is suddenly an ending cutting away something. And cross to me i see as burdens and grief, but i do also look at it as karma and fate.

So in the grand tableau this combination was the last card reading diagonally down from the (man) even though this reading was for a woman.

The rest of the reading seemed quite positive with a pregnancy coming, a commitment, happiness etc.... but then this so i don't know what to make of it.

Should i have even read this combination as the reading wasn't for the man ? Or does it seem like a sudden end to the relationship ?

The diagonal line going down to the right from the man was bouquet in house of stars, Bear in house of book, and then scythe in house of cross.

Padma

Cross+Scythe = sudden end to burdens, or of an oppressive condition. If she is going to be pregnant, it may even mean a c-section.

- an operation to get rid of a chronic illness

- ending a cycle of "victimhood"

- slicing through the manipulations of others

With Man - a decisive man, a sharp tongued man, a thin man.

:) That would be my take on it!

Sharla

Cross+Scythe = sudden end to burdens, or of an oppressive condition. If she is going to be pregnant, it may even mean a c-section.
Wouldn't stork + scythe be more c section, not saying your wrong just don't see it myself with this combo
- an operation to get rid of a chronic illness
Yes good thought, can see the scythe as an operation
- ending a cycle of "victimhood"

- slicing through the manipulations of others

With Man - a decisive man, a sharp tongued man, a thin man.
Dont think it was describing the man as this man would have no chance with this person if he was like that, they would never get to the pregnancy stage lol
:) That would be my take on it!

MissNine

I agree with Lotus.

Scythe is a fast card and its a shock but quick. Had you had anchor or mountain in that house....it wouldn't be so quick.

In the house of the cross, a few things are possible....maybe there's a severing that feels like ripping off a band aid? Short and quick, but still hurts.

The house is the essence and the card is influenced by it. So, what's destined or the burden in your life is what area you're in and the scythe tells you that's the situation.

Besides end to burdens, it could also be sudden end of belief.

Like how I felt when I found out about the tooth fairy... :-( (still not accepting it, btw)

Teheuti

If it was a movie I could see it as a sharp, sudden surprise ending - a result that one would have to carry through (are burdened with) into the next phase of events. Think of the sudden endings of many season shows on TV, where you have to wait until the next season to find out what came afterward. However, this may just be my fanciful projection.

I don't read the 4x9 layout so it is hard for me to picture, however I'd tend to focus more on what is around Scythe (and you can also check the House of Scythe and what mirrors Scythe for more info).

Sharla

If it was a movie I could see it as a sharp, sudden surprise ending - a result that one would have to carry through (are burdened with) into the next phase of events. Think of the sudden endings of many season shows on TV, where you have to wait until the next season to find out what came afterward. However, this may just be my fanciful projection.

I don't read the 4x9 layout so it is hard for me to picture, however I'd tend to focus more on what is around Scythe (and you can also check the House of Scythe and what mirrors Scythe for more info).

In the house of scythe was the heart card but this is in my past behind me, and that is exactly what happened, it was a hard painful time for me at that time but im over it now.

The card mirroring the scythe (in the house of cross) is mice in the house of man, so as im no expert im seeing this as the end of problems to do with this man....i think.
Im confusing myself even more now...