Astrology and Family Relationships

lunalafey

M-Press said:

I'm wondering what my lesson here is?
maybe through Minderwiz I will learn to be more tolerant of mum?

Is that family astrology, synchronisity, or what?????

got a stretch myself with that!
:-D

Minderwiz

I've always wanted to be someone's life lesson :) :) :) :) :)

M-Press

he...he...he!
My mum's a Libra (oct 18th), with Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Chiron and South Node in Scorpio, Mars and Saturn in Leo, only she has a Sagg moon which totally doesn't "supervise" her, or cool her off!!!!!
And she has Leo rising, did I mention that before????

Well, Minderwiz--
I'm willing to sweep the floor of "the stage" for you!!!

(and now I'll have no choice than do it for my domestic Queen here too!!!!!)
:) :)

dadsnook2000

Relationships in the family

There are a series of books based on the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield. The original book, and follow-on books, are novels that explore a world-wide revolution in thought and in awareness of what physical and spiritual life is. These books are one of those reading experiences which you just "know" is the truth even though it is a novel.

In these writings it is explained that each person's purpose is to combine or blend what their father's and mother's life purpose is. These can be determine by direct observation and thoughtful consideration of their words, deeds and accomplishments.

How does this tie into family astrological relationships you ask? Well, we often have similar patterns of direct links such as Suns to Moons, Mercurys to ASC, etc. or T-squares involving three or two-of-three same planets. The similarities bind us, the differences distinguish us -- and our life's purpose. Keeping in mind the (possible truth) blending of our parent's purposes, we can evaluate these similarities and these planetary differences to better understand their path and our path.

Sometimes looking at a chart with a framework such as this can be very fruitful -- instead of looking at patterns without having a basis for putting them into context. If you, or others, try this please let the list know how you made out. Dave.

Minderwiz

Dave,

That's an interesting tie in! I've never thought of linking the Celestine Prophecies to Astrology. I'll have to start on a re-read now!

dadsnook2000

For Minderwiz

Yes, it is interesting. What is important is not whether the novels assertions are true or not but that one's life purpose is a blend of what their parent's life purpose was.

Considering that the planets and patterns in a chart help to shape, or reflect that "something else" that helps to shape, our life's potential --- AND considering that there are family groupings of planetary patterns -- IT FOLLOWS that there may indeed be a basis for using the Celestine Prophecy's assertion about life purpose.

At least it provides a context for examining charts and understanding what is found there. Good luck. Dave.

Minderwiz

It is certainly something that I will have a look at - and it may well be that the pattern of planets by sign and aspect is enough to make these comparisons or at least go someway to exploring the concept.

If houses and angles are important then we run into the problem of accurate birth times.

Clearly if we are to investigate, we need to have a bank of birth times for family members covering at least two or three generations.

I would therefore echo your earlier call for people to look at their own families and see if the can find similarities and report back.

punkangelgcm437

Well, my 2 cents...

I know I'm alil late in sharing my family's similarities and such, but, Imma do it anyway. :)

Unfortunately, no-one in my family has their birthtimes except for myself, and possibly my lil cousin but I dont know when he was born so he doesnt count. So no Ascendants.

My mom, aunt, and I were all born Libras. My aunt & I both have Mercury in Scorpio. Thats why we tend to have a passion when we speak.

No Venus commons really.

3/4 guys in my family (I dont have my uncle's birth-year) have Water Moons (2 in scorp [grandpa and daddy] 1 in cancer who is my lil cousin).

3/4 woman in my family have Firey Moons. Gma & I have Aries, Mom has Leo, and my aunt has Cap which is a cardinal sign. Thats why us woman seem to be so much more aggressive emotionally than the guys. 3/4 of us also have Cardinal moons. 2 od us are double fire-cardinal (aries).

Mars....no repeats.

Jupiters...Gma & I both have Aries.

Saturns...My cousin and Mom both have Aquarious Saturns. :) And both My Gma and Aunt have Saturn in Cap. My Gma & Julie can be pretty hardcore when it comes to obeying rules...whereas my Mom is alot more flexible. Dont know much about Nick yet. Interesting how my Aunt was born like my Grandma and my Mom went a totally different way. :)

Uranus's...My Dady & Aunt both have Uranus in Leo...but that's only becuz they were born about 4 monthes apart and we're getting into the Generational items now so....they'll have all the same things now probably. No other repeats.

As for Sun signs, the woman are all Cardinal signs (3 libras and a cancer) plus my Dad (cancer) and the other men are mutables and fixed. A Leo, A Sag, and A Virgo.

Hope yall find this somewhat interesting even tho my family doesnt seem to pass on much astrologically.

~me~

destinyawaitsme

Me, my mother and oldest brother are all Sag (sun). My dad is Capricorn, and my other brother a Cancer. I guess that's why the two of them always were closer than my dad and my eldest brother. I have Capricorn rising and a Virgo moon so me and my dad get along great...but my mother, eldest brother and my dad rarely see eye to eye on anything..lol

M-Press

Hi there!
Dave, your observation is very interesting, and I asked myself "what's next", since you brought up trying it out...

from Minderwiz's post i should assume that i have to read it too, to try?

And what about the North Node?
Would we consider that a part of life's purpose as well, or a way to look at all this?
(i just saw that my mum, her sister and I, we all have North Node in the 10th...)

Then, would a "blending" of purposes be shown by average midpoints?
or:
my dad's North Node is in the 7th, and so my Sun in in the 7th...???

I'm also trying to think of a better way to "report" back...
I think things get lost...all mums are called mums, cousins, are cousins, one looses track right away...
I'm wondering whether we could structure it in some way...
Maybe if we only looked at a child+parents and try to make something of it...? Getting into generations makes a very wide tree... Is it neccesary?
wellm I'm the only one with blue eyes in the immediate family, and they come from grandpa... I guess it is then???

How can we not get lost????
:)