ASC myths?

Mystic Zyl

What do you think? I have read that the ASC is the strongest part of your personality and rules your physical features. However, when I have done charts for clients, their appearance does not usually match. I will say their personality seems to right on, with the exception on lots of retrogrades in their natal.

firestorm

I can only speak for myself, but I agree. Personality wise I identify more with my Gemini ASC; looks wise....more like my Taurus Sun.

Tallarico

I have Leo ASC and Leo Sun, yes I look like a Leo.

Looking at the members of my family, they look more like their Sun signs...

dadsnook2000

Appearance and the ASC.

When judging the ASCENDANT sign and its relationship to ones appearance, you have to really understand how that relationship can manifest itself. Leo Ascendant people are not blond with lots of hair and a regal bearing -- the Ascendant doesn't define the whole look of a person.

Lets look at a few examples of what is often a physical trait that relates to an Ascendant sign:

LEO; the fleshy area around the lips is often full, giving the mouth a rounded base for the lips. Often the hair is worn brushed back at the sides.

LIBRA; the lips are quite distinct, often the lower lip is very full and wide, the upper lip well shaped. Skin and hair coloring, for the family/race genetics, tends to be lighter.

SCORPIO; the nose and lips are often chisled and angular. Often there is more body hair then normal, especially on the arms.

PISCES; the hair style often lends a "misty" or soft look to the whole appearance.

VIRGO and AQUARIANS often share a heavy eyebrow line. But their other appearance characteristics are different.

TAURUS; Often look like SAG's, slightly solid, maybe a bit overweight, dark brown hair and eyes for many, curly hair where family/genetics support this, heavier neck.

I'm not an expert in this area but these attributes come quickly to mind based on 3 decades of experience. Also, there is a color or aura-like physical color that is often associated with Ascending signs. It takes a semianr type of presentation to show this and practice to use it. It works best when you have a large group to work with and can line up six or twelve Ascending sign types to look at while the presenter leads you through the exercise.

Then, in addition to all of that you have to consider what rising or angular planets are in the chart. They often impart certain characteristics to the personality and appearance. Its quite a bit for many beginners in astrology to take in -- but it all comes in time. There are some older texts written by Alan Leo (UK astrologer of the early 1900's) and some Evangeline Adams texts that cover this subject area. Dave.

silverting

my asc is leo....i don't think i act or look leo but have round face(moon 1st).....

LEO; the fleshy area around the lips is often full, giving the mouth a rounded base for the lips. Often the hair is worn brushed back at the sides
-----------------------it doesnt really say much

Looking at the members of my family....i think we look more like each other and all have different signs..

Minderwiz

I tend to agree with Dave, we should be careful of over simplifying associated physical characteristics because there are more than one contributory factor, even if the Ascendant is the main one.

One problem of using the early texts, including Alan Leo is that society is a lot more multi-cultural now than it was in his day. This adds a layer of complexity, so that we might have to look for characteristics which are to a large extent ethnically independent, or alternatively groups of factors which might suit some ethnic groups better than others.

Personally, I tend not to place much emphasis on the link between Ascendant and Sun Sign because of the complexity and the fact that I can't match Dave's experience. However, I'm fascinated by the aura and colour info and that's an area I would like to follow up on.

punkangelgcm437

What about Sags?

I have a Sag rising, Libra sun, and Aries moon? What is this supposed to mean looks wise??