Change your Natal Chart?

skytwig

Minderwiz said:
SkytwigI also should have added that in order for relocation to have a significant effect, a person might need to move a significant distance - perhaps thousands of miles.

Hmmmmm.... well, i moved from Michigan to the East coast of Maryland.... how would i know how that affects my natal chart... do a natal with my birth year for this location?

I've read that Mars rulership of the Water Triplicity was assigned to 'cool him down', a lot less rash a lot more considerate of others and a lot more sympathetic, Assertive but in a nice way :)
Good, my Mars is in Cancer (in my 12th house :( )

Minderwiz

skytwig said:

Hmmmmm.... well, i moved from Michigan to the East coast of Maryland.... how would i know how that affects my natal chart... do a natal with my birth year for this location?

Yes- same time of birth (but allow for any change due to time zones as you want the same instant of birth).

It's possible that you might only find marginal changes in terms of Houses or even none at all - it depends where the planets are in relation to the House cusps. So you might well end up with the same Ascendant (sign but not degree) MC and houses.

Look to see which planets have changed houses and have a think what effect the shift in emphasis might bring. You might also find that aspects to the Ascendant and MC have changed and the Part of Fortune will also have shifted but probably not by much.

skytwig

Thanks so much, Minderwiz..... I'll check it out.... I do have a couple cuspy aspects.....

Minderwiz

If you find anything let me know :)

If you are interested in the subject area a good book is

Astrolocality Astrology by Martin Davis (which won the Spica Award in 2000)

Also there Planets in Locality by Steve Cozzi

and

Astrology on the Move by Sasha Fenton (OK but not as good as the Davis book)

skytwig

Minderwiz said:
If you find anything let me know :)

Thanks, Minderwiz, this is very interesting!

The main changes were:

1. Sun moved from 12th to 1st house (sun in Cancer)

2. Mercury (Leo) moved into 3rd house. (I am a writer and artist)

3. Moon and Saturn moved into 4th house (aghhh.... had to move in with my daughter this year!!!!).

Mystic Zyl

Just for the record I was not born during a Mars Pisces retro, but the Pisces retro in Mars was very bad for me. I typed it wrong. Is Mercury retrograde, yet, laughing?

Mystic Zyl

Hmmm I think I'll relocate to Las Vegas, it is over 1000 miles and warmer too.

skytwig

Mystic Zyl said:
Hmmm I think I'll relocate to Las Vegas, it is over 1000 miles and warmer too.

But is Las Vegas in the right direction? :laugh:

Minderwiz

Thanks Skytwig

Sun in the first is much stronger than Sun in the twelfth - you will be more self assured, your health probably benefitted and you can focus your creativity better through your interaction with the world.

Mercury into the third will have helped your writing develop, Saturn in fourth - a greater emphasis on father, family, the family struture (the family as a unit), Moon in fourth would suggest security in the family (which I suppose is moving in with your daughter :) )

skytwig

Minderwiz said:
Sun in the first is much stronger than Sun in the twelfth - you will be more self assured, your health probably benefitted and you can focus your creativity better through your interaction with the world.... Saturn in fourth - a greater emphasis on father, family, the family struture (the family as a unit), Moon in fourth would suggest security in the family (which I suppose is moving in with your daughter :) )

Weird thing is, minderwiz, that I come from a very abusive family, father is mentally ill and not in treatment (much of his harm was directed at me...... I 'divorced' the family 7 yrs ago) , so with Saturn in Cancer right now, the clearing out of old issues is very prominent!!

But I really see it as necessary so I can do the other part of the work I came her to do (Jupiter/Aries is in my 10th house, by the byy :) )...... True 'security' is being uncovered, because, right now, there is very little.... my daughter is ambivalent about these arrangements. I can literally depend on no one but Spirit....

(I can say, during this lifetime, I have consistently ached for "home" ...... :( )

But Spirit is Love and what is more dependable and consistent and life supporting than that????? :)

Thanks for your time and help, minderwiz..... it's given me more info to consider...... :)