My Madhubani inspired Indian tarot deck

MoonGypsy

Thanks for having a look!!! Do you like them with those black borders like in the first picture of the post (the "final" look) or do you like them with those red borders with my handwriting (some illustrations bellow). I personally like the black look, looks neater.

i also like the black better, as i generally don't like white borders; and especially because the black causes the colorful art to really pop! :heart:

HudsonGray

I agree, the black really makes the art stand out strikingly.

Aina

I guess it's decided then. Black ones! How about the white book? I'm just the beginner in tarot readings, so if I write it using other resources, is it copyright infringement? Or shall I just write down those keywords that I first think about when looking at the picture? :)

GryffinSong

I love it in black and white!!! I wouldn't color it at all. :)

Debra

I like handwritten titles too--they tie in nicely with your style of art.

GryffinSong

Alright? I think I'll have two versions then :)

YAY!!! I LOVE black and white decks, and so few artists provide them. THANKS!!! :)

Aina

YAY!!! I LOVE black and white decks, and so few artists provide them. THANKS!!! :)

But my black and white deck's characters have even their hair uncolored that should be black, lol. They are Indians. Let me just color in their hair, eyes and mustaches at least :) Can't finish it up until my printer is out for repair and I haven't got the matching paper for redrawing THE FOOL and others. Started making a new, more traditional Indian deck. Size would be like Druid Craft, that's just something I'd love to use.

Mystic Zyl

I love the vibrant rich colors. But I will confess I have lots of things from your country in my home such as decorations, jewelry, art, tea, soap and clothes. It is refreshing to see cards that are not the subtle colors. Color them the way you feel, they are your cards. i must admit, I am attracted to the beauty of your culture.

Aina

I love the vibrant rich colors. But I will confess I have lots of things from your country in my home such as decorations, jewelry, art, tea, soap and clothes. It is refreshing to see cards that are not the subtle colors. Color them the way you feel, they are your cards. i must admit, I am attracted to the beauty of your culture.

Thanks for the feedback! Funnily I'm not Indian, just married to an Indian, but like you, I love their culture and art. THis type of tribal art extremely attracts me. I even painted my house wall like that.