The Game Crafter

Lorelei Douglas

Quality of The Game Crafter product?

I'm just about to publish my first deck on TGC and would like to know from anyone who has already done this how satisfied they were with the quality of the output?

So far I have no complaints - the system was easy to navigate and it was easy to get answers to questions via the Chat function. I am hoping that the product stacks up well too.

All input gratefully appreciated.

Lorelei

Luna-Ocean

Hi Lorelie

I can't say from my own experience about using the service as i have not up-loaded any games but i have recently bought some Tarot decks from the site recently, i was surprise about the quality of their tuc and small boxes made by them and with their printing production i was happy with them.

I've noticed your deck on Solandia'a deck review's and i love anything Hollywood, so i will be looking forward to seeing your deck available on TGC.

Lorelei Douglas

Thanks Star

That's very comforting. When you develop a deck you want the end product to be worth the effort and something that lovers of tarot will be happy to use. The POD process is a boon for creators that don't have established publishers. I'm really happy that you were happy with the end result. Thank you for your post.

Luna-Ocean

That's very comforting. When you develop a deck you want the end product to be worth the effort and something that lovers of tarot will be happy to use. The POD process is a boon for creators that don't have established publishers. I'm really happy that you were happy with the end result. Thank you for your post.

Will you be including a booklet that comes with the cards? i know with the decks i bought some came with little booklets and documents with card details i think this will add more interest for sales, it will also be good for any beginner's learning Tarot.

Lorelei Douglas

Booklet

Hi Star,

I won't be including a booklet in the deck as it adds an unnecessary cost to production. However, I will be making a pdf document available to anyone who purchases the deck by quoting their receipt number and providing an email address via facebook.

I know views differ, but I rarely use the booklets provided with my decks - I prefer to rely on my other reference books. There are excellent books available that I think would be more helpful for beginners than a booklet. But if people find a booklet helpful they will be able to get the pdf. I have a book in progress too. I'm waiting to see how the deck goes before I decide whether it is worthwhile publishing it.

Instead of a booklet I have included four extra Veto cards which I think add more value in the pack. The purpose of these cards is a bit like saying 'don't go there girlfriend' to help readers when they are starting to trespass on free will or it's better not to know. Obviously they are optional - completely up to the reader whether they use them or not.

A rather long answer to a short question but I hope it has been helpful.

Kind regards
Lorelei

Luna-Ocean

Hi Star,

I won't be including a booklet in the deck as it adds an unnecessary cost to production. However, I will be making a pdf document available to anyone who purchases the deck by quoting their receipt number and providing an email address via facebook.

I know views differ, but I rarely use the booklets provided with my decks - I prefer to rely on my other reference books. There are excellent books available that I think would be more helpful for beginners than a booklet. But if people find a booklet helpful they will be able to get the pdf. I have a book in progress too. I'm waiting to see how the deck goes before I decide whether it is worthwhile publishing it.

Instead of a booklet I have included four extra Veto cards which I think add more value in the pack. The purpose of these cards is a bit like saying 'don't go there girlfriend' to help readers when they are starting to trespass on free will or it's better not to know. Obviously they are optional - completely up to the reader whether they use them or not.

A rather long answer to a short question but I hope it has been helpful.

Kind regards
Lorelei

Sounds great can't wait to see it advertised on TGC, so i'm guessing you have gone with a tuc box and standard size Tarot?

Lorelei Douglas

Tuck Box and Standard Size Tarot

Sounds great can't wait to see it advertised on TGC, so i'm guessing you have gone with a tuc box and standard size Tarot?

Yes - I have. You can also check out more of the cards on facebook if you are interested.

ann0087

I cant wait for this deck!

Lorelei Douglas

Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot Deck proof has shipped!

I cant wait for this deck!

Thanks for posting Ann. TGC had a lot of big orders ahead of mine so I had to wait longer than usual for my proof deck. This shipped about an hour ago (so excited). It totally now depends on the speed of USPS - I was quoted 10-14 days, but am hopeful it will be quicker as I have selected the fastest possible shipping.

You can follow me on facebook if you would like regular updates on progress (LoreleiDouglas). I have also been profiling some additional cards there each day. I have stopped profiling new cards as about half the deck is now up on the page and I want to leave a few surprises (hopefully delightful) for purchasers. Next week I am offering a few short free readings while I wait for delivery. Plus I will preview the tuck box and profile some of the cards that have been posted but not profiled yet.

Once the deck is available, I will let Solandia know so she can update my entry here too.

Kind regards
Lorelei

ann0087

Thanks Lorelei! I do follow on Fb as well (Ashley Nicole)