II High Priestess--Archeon Tarot

FaerieStorm

The arcanum is one of the most brilliantly colored arcana in the entire Arceon deck. The colors are very bright and clear, and the image itself is very sharp and the figure is well defined. I find this kind of ironic because many (if not most) of the images in this deck have an almost atmospheric haze to them--a kind of shadiness that gives the deck its dark energy. This card (still, however, dark) is much brighter.

Lantz has used TWO moons in this image: the cresent moon in the background (with the goddess figure perched upon it), and the "gazing-moon" the Priestess is hovering over. I would expect to see a moon in the HP card, but the moon is a reoccuring symbol throught the entire Archeon deck, so I feel that Lantz has tried to showcase the moon in this one--rather than making it a background image.

The astrology chart in the background connects the HP to the stars and to the fates. The cresent-moon-goddess connects the HP to the Divine Feminine. And the HP's nudity expresses the raw energy that she radiates from her being.

This is undoubtedly one of my favorite Archeon images...and the HP is definitely one of my favorite arcana in the Tarot: go Lantz!!

Thanks,

FS

archeon

this is probably my favorite card in the deck too...

Emeraldgirl

archeon said:

Is that why she is one the box :p :)

When I looked at this card it seemed to me as though she was drawing power (the moon) from her womb. Although it is floating higher than her womb it was my inital gut reaction. TYhe sacred feminine. The other side of the Empress who is the more sunny side of things is the HP who is the more lunar and "darker" subconcious side of things.

annik

That moon is really glowing! At first, I thought it was a sun! She could proctect the moon, taking good care of it or just looking at it. Even if the moon is bright, there is some mysteries. Even if this moon is very bright, we can't be sure of what the woman will do with it.

zannamarie

FaerieStorm said:
Lantz has used TWO moons in this image: the cresent moon in the background (with the goddess figure perched upon it), and the "gazing-moon" the Priestess is hovering over.

I actually saw the 'gazing-moon' as the earth (the shadows across it appeared to be land masses) and thus she can see it all and has the wisdom of the world and a bit beyond it at her fingertips.

Alpha-Omega

archeon said:
Its mine as well, I rellay love everything about the image!

Alpha-Omega

I dont see the glowing ball to be the Moon. I see it was a Mass of Power. An Energy Ball. and she has complete control over it. In the energy ball it has wisdom of maybe eveyrthing, Past present and future. The HP of this deck could reprersent a Prophet, but deffenety Psychic. She looks at it knowing everything but not acting apon what she knows. She fits the traditinal veiw of the HP, with a new twist

HearthCricket

When I look at this card I see a woman with great power, who is looking over the world which is glowing with life, protecting it, knowing it, both sides of it-good and evil. The necklace she wears looks tribal, giving her an ancient feel, like one who has always been here, since the beginning of time. At the bottom of the sphere/world there is some shedding going on...flaking bits falling off. It is very vague and secretive. She understands it, but we need her to interpret why. Is this simply death of people, the cycle of life, and the constant changing of the world and universe, or is it something more? I also like the way her face is half in shadow. Very mysterious...

Genna

My first impression of this card was that the HP had somehow given birth to the Moon/all secret wisdom, and took care of it.I love it too.

Voron

She started the whole thing.

The High Priestess card was the first card of this deck that Lantz created. He saw a HP card in another deck and said "I can do better than that!" and drew her. Then all his friends cheered him on and pushed him into finishing the deck.

So she truly is amazing.