Too Many Choices

rwcarter

I created this spread when I was faced with a number of choices about a certain situation. I realized that no matter how many choices I thought of that there would be at least one choice that I didn't think of. So in laying out this spread, you lay out a column of four cards for each choice you can think of plus an additional column for the choice not thought of. Assuming you have three choices, the spread would look like this:

1a.....2a.....3a.....4a
1b.....2b.....3b.....4b
1c.....2c.....3c.....4c
1d.....2d.....3d.....4d

1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, etc. - Reason to make that choice
1b, 2b, 3b, 4b, etc. - Reason not to make that choice
1c, 2c, 3c, 4c, etc. - Outcome if the choice is made
1d, 2d, 3d, 4d, etc. - Outcome if the choice isn't made
5 - Querent's motivation in asking the question
6 - Hidden factor concerning the question

A reading I did with the spread can be found here.

Hope someone finds this spread of use.

Rodney

afrosaxon

I recently tried this spread and got some very noteworthy results...good job, rwcarter! :thumbsup:

Golden Moon

Very intresting spread, I really like it. I tried it and it gave me some pretty good results.

rwcarter

Thanks afrosaxon and Golden Moon. I'm glad the spread worked for both of you.

Rodney

CathS

Hmm, this is an interesting one - thanks Rodney, I need to try it out.

I particularly like cards 5 and 6, knowing or exploring the motivation can be so important.

MYFIGO

Nice ...

I tried this spread on myself and it was very enlightening. Asks some great soul searching questions. I liked the hidden factor draw!

Jude

jaj

Rwcarter, just stopping by to say how MUCH I appreciate this spread! I found it about 1-2 months ago, and it has become one of my mainstays. Very, very helpful for all kinds of choices like multiple choice buying decisions. I've even used it for a sticky hiring decision, where the choice to Wait for a better solution was a wonderful stroke of wisdom. Thanks so much!

Vwarrior

Time-saver

Thanks for sharing this spread. Until now, whenever I have multiple choices in regard to decision making, I did a spread for each possible choice. This really saved my time and energy. I also very much appreciate the ability to compare the choices side by side and have an option for a choice that I might not have thought of myself. This is really a fantastic spread to have in my repertoire.

rwcarter

Thanks CathS, MYFIGO, jaj and Vwarrior! I need to do this spread again for myself....

Rodney

Skillette

thanks!

So, 1s are choice one in a column, 2s are choice 2 in a column, etc, with 4s being the choice you haven't thought of? This is an excellent one for me! Seems like most of my issues come down to indecision about too many choices.