Time, Action, Mood, & Portrait cards (Nuances)

ThtDancerGuy

Hey guys,

As I'm sure many of you are aware from reading her amazing book on Lenormand, Rana George offers the idea of Nuance (time, action, mood, portrait) cards in Lenormand readings. Regrettably, I have scarcely used them after one hot minute of telling myself I would really get into them to add more depth to my readings; unfortunately the cards tend to sweep me up too much on their own to worry about their nuances. Mrs. George also says in her book that using nuances only really works in small spreads, like Answer Lines.

Nuances:
- Time: Time cards are cards that indicate a sense of time/timing at hand. Majority of time cards indicate the need to pay attention to the "when."
- Action: Action cards are cards that generally point to a certain action in a reading. Majority of action cards would reveal the need to act.
- Mood: Mood cards are cards that paint a certain atmosphere or air in a reading. Majority of mood cards show the real atmosphere of the situation at hand.
- Portrait: Portrait cards are cards that describe and portray something or someone in a reading. Majority of portrait cards in a reading tends to describe certain aspects present.

How many of you work with these nuances, or nuances like these? If so, how do you incorporate them into your Lenormand reading? I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Chris :)

DownUnderNZer

Depends on the question.

Will describe a person and give Astrological signs, even timing if it is asked, and if the cards come up of course to answer.

And...if I remember what cards mean what ;).

1 to 12 is straight forward, but other cards relate to signs or planet influences. That I haven't quite nailed plus I'm not really into Star signs, so it is not something I work with a lot.

For a pregnancy timing can be done/ moving house/ travel - a lot of things. I find the Lenormand is my go to for timing rather than Tarot - it is very accurate in that respect. :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

As I'm sure many of you are aware from reading her amazing book on Lenormand, Rana George offers the idea of Nuance (time, action, mood, portrait) cards in Lenormand readings. Regrettably, I have scarcely used them after one hot minute of telling myself I would really get into them to add more depth to my readings; unfortunately the cards tend to sweep me up too much on their own to worry about their nuances. Mrs. George also says in her book that using nuances only really works in small spreads, like Answer Lines.

Nuances:
- Time: Time cards are cards that indicate a sense of time/timing at hand. Majority of time cards indicate the need to pay attention to the "when."
- Action: Action cards are cards that generally point to a certain action in a reading. Majority of action cards would reveal the need to act.
- Mood: Mood cards are cards that paint a certain atmosphere or air in a reading. Majority of mood cards show the real atmosphere of the situation at hand.
- Portrait: Portrait cards are cards that describe and portray something or someone in a reading. Majority of portrait cards in a reading tends to describe certain aspects present.

How many of you work with these nuances, or nuances like these? If so, how do you incorporate them into your Lenormand reading? I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Chris :)

Lee

I found Rana's "nuance" concept an interesting concept that's a bit hard to grasp. I think what's happening is she's trying to put into words a mental process which she goes through when reading. Her explanation sounds very systematic but I suspect when she actually reads, she doesn't do it as mechanically as she describes.

I like her explanation and I feel it would be worthwhile to work slowly through it for several readings. After a while I suspect that it would become a more automatic process and wouldn't take as much mental effort as it does at first.