White Owl

Village Witch

I recently purchased the White Owl Lenormand from Amazon. Prices start as low as $5.54 plus shipping.

Very pleased with this poker-sized deck. Shuffles smoothly. Sturdy card stock.

I find I like poker-sized decks much better than larger decks as they fit my hands more comfortably and make shuffling easier and smoother.

http://www.lenormand-museum.com/white-owl-lenormand-fortune-telling-cards.html

EDITED TO ADD: Deck is bridge size not poker sized. Thanks Kalliope!

kalliope

The White Owl is a fun little deck, isn't it? Strangely colorful. I know some people don't care for its crazy bright pastels, but I think it's cheerful, but is still very clear and simple in its imagery. Just so you know, the Blue Owl and Red Owl decks have the same art but with more conservative, traditional coloring (those two can vary in whether the inserts are playing cards or verses). The various Owl decks were some of the first I bought a few years ago, when there weren't many Lenormands easily available.

For prices, you should check Book Depository -- they're still in the $5-6 range, but with free (slow) shipping. They have the Blue Owl, the A.S.S. Lenormand, Königsfurt, and Piatnik decks (and the Iris) for similar amounts, and they're all wonderful choices.

And I agree about the perfect size of the deck. :) Most of my favorites are about the same. It's more like "bridge" size actually, just FYI. Bridge is more narrow than poker size, usually by about 1/4", and I tend to prefer it for Lenormands. (Poker size are the standard Bicycle playing cards at the drugstore.)

Village Witch

Thanks for the heads up on the poker and bridge sizes!

I received the Blue Owl in the mail today. I do prefer the White Owl for it's coloring. Don't know why I thought I needed the Blue Owl. I will need to find someone to pawn it off on. :-D

Thanks for link!

Lee

For prices, you should check Book Depository -- they're still in the $5-6 range, but with free (slow) shipping. They have the Blue Owl, the A.S.S. Lenormand, Konigsfürt, and Piatnik decks for similar amounts, and they're all wonderful choices.
Thanks for posting this, kalliope! I've always meant to buy the A.S.S. deck but never got around to it, so I took the opportunity. :)

kalliope

No problem! I think people tend to overlook Book Depository and don't realize the deals on harder-to-find Lenormands that can be had there. So every once in a while I go link crazy and point it out. ;)

At first I didn't think I was interested in the A.S.S., but then I saw HexeClaire use it in her videos way back when, and she mentioned the contemporary (but simple) illustrations. It totally grew on me -- I hope you like it too!

Village Witch

Just now opened the Blue Owl deck. It has a very strong chemical smell. Don't know what that is about. I left the cards out to air. Hope it helps.