Anyone here ever used herbs or flower essences?

Briar Rose

Moonshiner, thank you for your reply. I agree. I was so tired from a long day when I posted that video, and before sleeping, I was just thinking exactly what you said- and I was going to write it out in the morning, which is now for me. Thank you for having my back! I appreciate it.

Moonshiner

Moonshiner, thank you for your reply. I agree. I was so tired from a long day when I posted that video, and before sleeping, I was just thinking exactly what you said- and I was going to write it out in the morning, which is now for me. Thank you for having my back! I appreciate it.

Not a problem :)

I think I saw that documentary or one made by the same people. Scientology is actually behind that documentary and I don't agree with a lot of their beliefs as it has resulted in death. It's good to question these things, better to do that than be a sheep blindly following something right? :)

CelestialHorse

Interesting video..it's confusing though but I don't know much about Scientologists? I am kind of not knowledgable about any religion at all, I'm more spiritual;non religious XD

I do want to part ways from my anti depressant, they all only worked short term. I have been on almost all the ones mentioned, Zoloft (Only lasted four months but that's because I quit cold turkey), Effexor, about half a year a little more, Paxil seemed to last several years, Celexia, and now Proszac. I rather find something that deals with anxiety more so. Buspar is what I hear that is good to help with and some other drug, I forget. I think it's neurotin or something like that.

Flower essences are nice. I know they say exercise helps but I don't know sometimes I don't notice anything. I think I just have to work on my thoughts more than anything else.

Moonshiner

Interesting video..it's confusing though but I don't know much about Scientologists? I am kind of not knowledgable about any religion at all, I'm more spiritual;non religious XD

I do want to part ways from my anti depressant, they all only worked short term. I have been on almost all the ones mentioned, Zoloft (Only lasted four months but that's because I quit cold turkey), Effexor, about half a year a little more, Paxil seemed to last several years, Celexia, and now Proszac. I rather find something that deals with anxiety more so. Buspar is what I hear that is good to help with and some other drug, I forget. I think it's neurotin or something like that.

Flower essences are nice. I know they say exercise helps but I don't know sometimes I don't notice anything. I think I just have to work on my thoughts more than anything else.

Mention your concerns to your doctor, tell them what you need and tell them what side effects you can't cope with. Never quit medication on your own!! Landed in the crisis unit for pulling that move. Finding the right treatment is a journey and I absolutely believe therapy and medication go hand and hand. Medication is there to ease the symptoms and therapy is more to train yourself to cope with what you deal with.

tarotlova

Mention your concerns to your doctor, tell them what you need and tell them what side effects you can't cope with. Never quit medication on your own!! Landed in the crisis unit for pulling that move. Finding the right treatment is a journey and I absolutely believe therapy and medication go hand and hand. Medication is there to ease the symptoms and therapy is more to train yourself to cope with what you deal with.

Couldn't agree more, having suffered depression all my life myself and having to take medication for it only now at 48 I don't take anything, but my daughter is Bi Polar and it took 6 years for her to even get diagnosed properly, and the different medications we went through gees Louise it was a nightmare but when she saw a Phycaritist I know that's not how it's spelt! He diagnosed her within 5 minutes and has finally with a few fine tunes got her on the correct medication and I now have my daughter back, she still gets her bad days but nothing like it was. I think what you have to realise is that you might have to take medication for the rest of your life not just a few short months, and there is nothing to be ashamed about it if you had high blood pressure you wouldn't think twice about taking medication for it, I think there is a real stigma on taking medication for depression which in my opinion is stupid, I myself if needed again will have no problem going back on them. Sorry for the long rant but it is a topic that I have a passion for and I wish all of you the best. If herbs /tonics help take them if not don't be ashamed to take mainstream medicine! Love to you all xxx :)

CelestialHorse

I am going to try those since everything is booked far as medical stuff goes -.- I did call in a place to see a psychiatrist and that won't be til Dec. my pills are out end of Oct..hope my doc can send me a new prescription, well my old one at least. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I been told I have mild depression, or I don't, but lately a lot of people say i have anxiety more so. Hope I can try buspar eventually.

tarotlova

I am going to try those since everything is booked far as medical stuff goes -.- I did call in a place to see a psychiatrist and that won't be til Dec. my pills are out end of Oct..hope my doc can send me a new prescription, well my old one at least. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I been told I have mild depression, or I don't, but lately a lot of people say i have anxiety more so. Hope I can try buspar eventually.

Yes your Dr should be able to give you a script until you can see the psychiatrist, my daughter gets hers from the Dr in between vists. I wish you all the best :) as for my daughter I always tell her that her Bi Polar is what makes her unique, it's what makes her, her, if you know what I mean! I think she can finally see that now, take care xxxx

Tanga

"Herbs and flower essences for depression"

CelestialHorse - as Moonshiner says - finding the right treatment for your individual condition is a journey. In my mind conventional and complimentary therapies are all one and the same - a sliding scale of healing solutions. There is a place for all of them in our healing process and different things work for different people.

I suffer SAD and some years my SAD has continued for the rest of the year.
Presently I am successfully managing my tendency towards this.

Here's the formula that works for me:
- I regularly see a cranial therapist/councillor (once monthly). In the past I saw a transpersonal psychotherapist who was fabulous - regrettably she relocated to the country.
- I regularly meditate, exercise, and go to a kinesiologist who checks my nutritional status and advises me on supplementation (including VitB complex, fish oils, etc. - the quality of these supplements does make a huge difference) .
- I use, arnica, rescue remedy, and others, as and when I feel appropriate.
- I deliberately structure my diary throughout the year with classes/activities that I know I find inspiring/uplifting/feed my soul and creativity.
- I have 3 SAD lights. :) From end September to March I sit in-front of a light for a least
a half hour every morning (whilst on the computer, or when reading or listening to music - or practicing my Kung Fu movements infront of the mirror - or just staring ahead groaning because I have to get out of bed!).
- If I need medication - I get it.

I wish you the best in finding your balance.