Getting pulled in all different directions

Labhraín

What do you do when you're researching new crystals, but you can't quite figure out what you need? You fall into the trap of thinking, "I need that one, that covers my purposes" or "No wait, it's that one, that's a better fit ". You feel scattered in your search. What do you do to figure out what's the right crystal or stone? How do you clear up the clutter?

I thought, first I should try searching by what I think I need. Then I thought, some people say, don't read definitions, just go with your gut - use your intuition to guide you to the right stone(s).

What do you do when you feel pulled in different directions? How do you choose what is right?

Maybe a stone to feel less scattered, haha... :)

Onion Budgie

Small tumblestones are usually pretty cheap to buy, so I don't fret too much. I make up a list full of "maybes" and then go shopping. It doesn't take long to build up a good selection that way. When I find a stone that works well, then I'll buy it in a larger form -- which is generally skull-shaped. :D

Labhraín

Small tumblestones are usually pretty cheap to buy, so I don't fret too much. I make up a list full of "maybes" and then go shopping. It doesn't take long to build up a good selection that way. When I find a stone that works well, then I'll buy it in a larger form -- which is generally skull-shaped. :D

Yes, that is an idea...the problem is....there are too many maybes! :)

Briar Rose

I'd try feeling Crystals you are attracted too, and try them in different situations and see how they make you feel.

I thought that I would need grounding stones to wear/carry at work because I am surrounded by about 200-400 people each hour walking towards me. I was wrong. High vibrational crystals work best and I am less drained.

Start watching Hibiscus Moon on youtube. You will learn a lot from her video's.

morticia monroe

Let the stones choose you. Try flea markets, new age shops, garage sales, etc. And watch the ground :) I keep an eye out for stones everywhere. And I find them in the strangest places. I always know which are the ones for me, because I find myself drawn to them. When you see a stone and say, "I love this one!" buy it if its in your range of price. I have NEVER regretted purchasing stones. I never go looking for anything particular, and always end up with exactly what seems to fit my life and my collection for the time.

celticnoodle

What do you do when you're researching new crystals, but you can't quite figure out what you need? You fall into the trap of thinking, "I need that one, that covers my purposes" or "No wait, it's that one, that's a better fit ". You feel scattered in your search. What do you do to figure out what's the right crystal or stone? How do you clear up the clutter?

I thought, first I should try searching by what I think I need. Then I thought, some people say, don't read definitions, just go with your gut - use your intuition to guide you to the right stone(s).

What do you do when you feel pulled in different directions? How do you choose what is right?

Maybe a stone to feel less scattered, haha... :)

Labhrain, I so get what you are saying! Sometimes I have felt that same way and at times still can! So, in addition to all the wonderful advice already given, I'd say to start out, purchase a clear quartz and a black jet or other black crystal.

Why? you ask? Well, because the clear quartz is very easy to find and are often called "the perfect crystal". This is because they are so filled with great energy that they can heal practically ANYTHING. Also known as "The Windows of Light" and while this crystal can be found in many colors, there really is something captivating about the clear watery/ice color of a quartz crystal. It is a super charger too! It can heal anything-the clear quartz crystal, and is great for helping other crystals to clear out and cleanse themselves as well. So, keep any crystal you do purchase close to this wonder stone. :) Hold it yourself and feel its energy! meditate with it! really feel its power. You can't go wrong with this stone.

The jet stone or other black crystals, will help to keep you grounded. black obsidian is another one to consider. I believe ALL black crystals are grounding. obsidian will keep away any negativity you encounter, so is a fantastic crystal to have if you are going into hostile environments or near psychic vampires. The jet stone is wonderful for protection too. I often carry two jets with me in my pockets when I go to visit particular family members who are psychic vampires and really bother me to the point of becoming ill. :eek: I am an empath, and this is a great stone for empaths to carry.

Then, after you have these two gems - perhaps considering a chakra set? You can often find these already set up for you--or you can investigate which crystals are good for the 7 main chakras in your body and go and purchase these individually yourself. If you choose to pick each 'chakra' stone out yourself, I would definitely tell you to hold them in your hand and look at the stone. Is there any stone that really seems to connect with you? make your body feel warm and alive? or do you like the look of it alone? If yes to any of these questions--buy it!

I do feel any choice you make will ultimately be the right choice for you. After concentrating on the above purchases, then go grab any that you are also attracted to--or do that first. The above are just the 'usual' first buys for someone unsure of what to get. One that will keep you grounded and another that can heal anything!

After that, find what it is you are hoping to find a crystal to aid you with. Arthritis issues? google which crystals will help w/that. digestion issues? do the same. headaches often? again-google the crystal which can help that. So many things out there to help with anything and everything!

eta: I just did a google search for a crystal that is good for scattered brains, :laugh: and smoky quartz is suppose to be a good one! I have this stone myself. Perhaps I should carry it more with me too. :p

I do also have some small 'purses' that I can fill with various stones and put in my pocket or purse. these are also easily found in shops--esp. crystal shops. I'd recommend buying one and perhaps putting the crystals in these to carry with you when you know you are going into certain atmospheres that may bother you.

Briar Rose

can you list what crystals you have, please?

Briar Rose

I've been giving this some thought-

If you feel you are being pulled in different directions, it is because you are working with too many crystals at once, and the crystals counteract- meaning work against each other.

Buying a bunch of books that only list crystals and healing properties is like bunch a bunch of dictionaries in different languages wanting to learn them.That would be impossible.

I suggest:

The Eight Crystal Alliances: The Influence of Stones on the Personality (The Group of 5 Crystals Series)

This book will teach you the groups crystals belong to (Sacred Geometry).
This would be important to you because you would learn their basic structure and why you feel the way you do when holding a crystal.

Example:

Malachite,you love it, but when you hold it you feel confused- That's because Malachite brings up old issues. Now- what do you do with the issues? Azurite helps you to speak about them with clarity so that you can understand them. That is a part of a healing process. These work together.

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Crystal...056453&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=crystal+aliances

or

Katrina Raphaell

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...tal trilogy&sprefix=katrina+ra,stripbooks,272

If you want to buy different crystals, or have a bunch of crystals- how about separating them to align with your 7 basic chakra's and work with one a night to balance your chakra's? This way you can get your own feel for them. This way you give your crystals a purpose and they love that!
That's another thread.

Let me know what you think. I love feedback.

danieljuk

discussing Crystal choosing with Shadowdancer by email recently, she suggested to me to use pendulums! As well as the the crystals or tumble stones you feel drawn to! If you have a pendulum, take it with you to a shop and use it! what stones do you need right now? or you could use it on pictures if you are buying online. I think this might be a better method than reading books of the description. I am going to try it for my next stones :)

Also onion has a good point about tumble stones! I bought a whole load of random ones online that I was drawn too. the one's that I really connected with are now going to have larger stones to match them in my next crystal shopping order :)

Briar Rose

You can also make dowsing rods to chose crystals.
You can make a pair using metal coat hangers, and use a straw on each rod so they move for you.