Archeon Tarot – The Lovers

tarotcognito

The Archeon Lovers is probably my favourite Lovers card in any Tarot deck so far. It's simply brilliant.

dominiquep

I find that in other cards of this deck the full moon represents a sense of fullness or completion. Therefore I think this represents how the Lovers complete each other. They feel like they are two halves of a whole, and they are only complete when they are together.

I think the themes of red and fire in this image do suggest passion, but also destruction. I think the red moon and the scene below them of fiery destruction suggests that a love that is too obsessive and all-consuming may be dangerous. I think it also might suggest that many relationships, no matter how strong the love seems to be, do meet a painful end. Maybe this card is a warning that love can inspire great passion, but it can also lead to great pain if the relationship does not end well.

tocpie

I've been looking at this "Lovers" card for a few minutes and my eye keeps going to the fire and I see some type of 5 pointed star "pentacle" or "pentagram", right down near the angel's feet.

Then I see the flame going up like a "phoenix".