All about Lenormand Cards

Seaqueen

ana luisa said:
I´m sory if this sounds like a reading but it actually is a doubt I have. Whenever I read with the Lenormand cards, there are some that frequently come up as warning about certain specific health problems especially the clover,the 2 pink flowers, and the ring. Is it o.k?
Thanks much.
Hi,
Are you talking about the bouquet #9 card (2 pink flowers)? I can tell you more once you let me know. And no it is not a reading, in my opinion, it is a card interpetation which is the theme of this thread. I am happy to share any knowledge I have.

ana luisa

Yes, it is. For some reason, it always shows me kidney or liver problems. Stones as well. the clover has come up as skin rashes or psychological diseases. The ring, as constipation or severe migraines. I can even feel the tightness of the golden ring around my brow when I get those feelings.... My doubt is, I get these "health" tips much more from the French Lenormand than from the others I have. And as we all know, it´s a bit risky to talk about health when reading the cards. So, should I dismiss these feelings or can they be pertinent and should act as advice?

Gavriela

I almost always get the Tree on top of me using French Cartomancy, but I know I have health problems, and am seeing a doctor.

For a client? If it jumps out, I might mention or ask do they have bad headaches or whatever, or if they ask - tell them to see a doctor just in case. I try to say it in such a way that it doesn't worry them, but most of the time, it's not happy people who come to readers, and they know that something is wrong already as a rule.

Then again, I remember one time when I kept getting all kinds of loss and grief around a woman concerning her family - and she said no, she hadn't lost anyone. Later in the reading she did say that she had got out of Russia, and had been fighting for eight years to get the rest of her family out and it was very painful - but she didn't connect that at all to 'loss'. So you never know (well, if the Fox is sitting on top of or beside the Querent, they might not be admitting things).

I've had some strange cards following me around lately, too, though not so much on the health front. If we could try and work out some interps in this thread, that'd be great - I've done some on my own, but I'm still clueless about parts of it (uhh..with the Book at the bottom of the row or the end of the line, that kind of makes sense, doesn't it?)

Seaqueen

ana luisa said:
Yes, it is. For some reason, it always shows me kidney or liver problems. Stones as well. the clover has come up as skin rashes or psychological diseases. The ring, as constipation or severe migraines. I can even feel the tightness of the golden ring around my brow when I get those feelings.... My doubt is, I get these "health" tips much more from the French Lenormand than from the others I have. And as we all know, it´s a bit risky to talk about health when reading the cards. So, should I dismiss these feelings or can they be pertinent and should act as advice?

It is important to focus on the positive aspects as well with all the cards. If you are doing a health reading for yourself then you would take into consideration some of the suggested "health meanings". The clover, bouquet and ring in combination point to absolutely no indicators of a health problem. Sometimes when we are worried about our well being, we look for health meanings in the cards- this is normal. Are you concerned about something?

The clover & bouquet can suggest a minor rash or skin irritation that passes quickly, however it can also indicate that you will get an unexpected gift as well. The bouquet represent the Queen of Spades also and that would be someone you know that is married (ring) or in a commited relationship. Look to the rest of the cards to blend the meanings. The clover is a card of a situation usually "good" in nature that lasts a few days.

It also depends where your significator card is in the layout you use, how far or close are you to some of these cards.

Hope that sheds some light on those cards.

Seaqueen

Matter of Perception

Gavriela said:
I almost always get the Tree on top of me using French Cartomancy, but I know I have health problems, and am seeing a doctor.

For a client? If it jumps out, I might mention or ask do they have bad headaches or whatever, or if they ask - tell them to see a doctor just in case. I try to say it in such a way that it doesn't worry them, but most of the time, it's not happy people who come to readers, and they know that something is wrong already as a rule.

Then again, I remember one time when I kept getting all kinds of loss and grief around a woman concerning her family - and she said no, she hadn't lost anyone. Later in the reading she did say that she had got out of Russia, and had been fighting for eight years to get the rest of her family out and it was very painful - but she didn't connect that at all to 'loss'. So you never know (well, if the Fox is sitting on top of or beside the Querent, they might not be admitting things).

I've had some strange cards following me around lately, too, though not so much on the health front. If we could try and work out some interps in this thread, that'd be great - I've done some on my own, but I'm still clueless about parts of it (uhh..with the Book at the bottom of the row or the end of the line, that kind of makes sense, doesn't it?)

I can relate to the Tree card very well. It came up for me so often that it started to annoy me. The Tree does indicate one's well being & energy. It can be a warning card to keep an eye out on getting sufficient rest. The Tree is our Chi energy. Sometimes when we get out of whack our body will tell us in so many ways.

You analysis of the Fox card above the Querent(significator) is one way to look at it and I would have thought the same. Also the Fox is a card of protecting one's family as well which fits into what you said about that lady. She would be over protective of "something" or " someone".

This thread is all about interpretations and different perspectives on the Lenormand cards. The Book at the end of a line suggest more information is needed about whatever cards are around the Book or will be revealed in to future. The Book card is neutral and influenced by adjacent cards.

There are thousands of meanings for combining cards. Sometimes 2 or 3 cards can been 1/2 dozen things- multi level interpretations but it should all fit into the "themes" of the person you are reading for or for yourself.

Gavriela

Notes from a rambling fortuneteller:

Okay, I'm going to pull this one, because it's a 9-card. And whilst it's not exactly the same as other readings on the subject (well you just knew somebody was going to bring up their non-existent love life, didn't you?), it's more or less been a running theme for months now - maybe one or two cards are different or in a different position, but let's take this as a generic, and see what we find with card combos. Yes, I'm willing to embarass myself somewhat here.

24 Ace Hearts Heart/29 Ace Spades Lady/23 7 Clubs Mice
25 Ace Clubs Ring/2 6 Diamonds Clover/19 6 Spades Tower
26 10 Diamonds Book/10 Jack Diamonds Scythe/30 King Diamonds Lillies

And since it's not a full 36 cards, I'll look at how many of which things I've got first for a quick hit, because that has been downright eerie on the accuracy levels, and these usually show up quite quickly after the reading - not always in connection with what the reading is about if it is a question but they give you an idea of general things that are going to happen.

So first:

A modest success (3 Aces)
A short journey that will be profitable (2 10s)
Persistent spite (2 6s)

On to the rest of it:

We have our typical lovelorn hysterical female here (it's me I'm stereotyping folks, and I'm almost laughing because it is indeed true, well, not too hysterical), who's been thinking far too much about romance, and getting heartsick and a bit ill over it (Heart + Lady + Mice). And it's kind of shaking up her sense of stability as well (Mice + Tower). No recent break-ups, so I'm guessing that's how this one is playing out - that's how it feels, anyway.

But wait! Now what's this in the down row? The Heart, the Ring, and the Book? Shouldn't she be having a clandestine love affair here (well, maybe not a full-blown affair, cos the Lillies aren't there, but a clandestine love something?). Only she isn't. Stumped on this one - again, it's been a recurring for me for months - sometimes with the Dog, and the Clouds, but they didn't make an appearance today.

It also seems that Ring + Clover + Tower would be something on the romance front since it's a romance reading, but it ain't there. No quickie engagements. No quickie anythings, for that matter.

But then we have Book + Scythe + Lillies (ah, there are Lillies, but much good it'll do our Lady). Okay, I saw in Seaqueen's blog that if the Scythe comes after the Book, you never find out the mystery - and this may be something that happened long ago that's going to come back - and still never be resolved. I think I know what it is, and possibly concerns my father (which could be Lillies). Scythe + Lillies would/could be a couple breaking up, but it's not about our querent, cos she'd need somebody to break up with.

What can we tell our poor querent? To get her mind off it because it just isn't there?

If anybody wants to take a stab, feel free. Just stab gently. There's a real person underneath those cards!

And Seaqueen you were spot-on re: Mountain + Key + Book the other day. Got a tarot deck as a gift in the post (recent birthday). Got another late birthday gift (another tarot deck -but it was missing a card). And got an offer for a part-time job at an educational institution.

Seaqueen

Additional insights

Gavriela said:
Notes from a rambling fortuneteller:

24 Ace Hearts Heart/29 Ace Spades Lady/23 7 Clubs Mice
25 Ace Clubs Ring/2 6 Diamonds Clover/19 6 Spades Tower
26 10 Diamonds Book/10 Jack Diamonds Scythe/30 King Diamonds Lillies

And since it's not a full 36 cards, I'll look at how many of which things I've got first for a quick hit, because that has been downright eerie on the accuracy levels, and these usually show up quite quickly after the reading - not always in connection with what the reading is about if it is a question but they give you an idea of general things that are going to happen.

So first:

A modest success (3 Aces)
A short journey that will be profitable (2 10s)
Persistent spite (2 6s)

On to the rest of it:

We have our typical lovelorn hysterical female here (it's me I'm stereotyping folks, and I'm almost laughing because it is indeed true, well, not too hysterical), who's been thinking far too much about romance, and getting heartsick and a bit ill over it (Heart + Lady + Mice). And it's kind of shaking up her sense of stability as well (Mice + Tower). No recent break-ups, so I'm guessing that's how this one is playing out - that's how it feels, anyway.

heart+lady= lady is thinking on the emotionl/sentimental/love level
lady+mice=worries and a "nagging" feeling about the whole topic

Gavriela said:
But wait! Now what's this in the down row? The Heart, the Ring, and the Book? Shouldn't she be having a clandestine love affair here (well, maybe not a full-blown affair, cos the Lillies aren't there, but a clandestine love something?). Only she isn't. Stumped on this one - again, it's been a recurring for me for months - sometimes with the Dog, and the Clouds, but they didn't make an appearance today.

heart+ring+book= on an emotional level pertaining to love, a commitment of this type (heart+ring) has not developed completely due to lack of knowledge (book) about a potential partner

There is a married man (heart+ring) that has lots of books (book) around him or one who is deals with professional paperwork (ring+book)that is shown in the cards.

Gavriela said:
It also seems that Ring + Clover + Tower would be something on the romance front since it's a romance reading, but it ain't there. No quickie engagements. No quickie anythings, for that matter.

ring+clover= within 1 weeks time the lady will be in a large building (tower) and should meet a tall gentleman (tower +lillies)

Gavriela said:
But then we have Book + Scythe + Lillies (ah, there are Lillies, but much good it'll do our Lady). Okay, I saw in Seaqueen's blog that if the Scythe comes after the Book, you never find out the mystery - and this may be something that happened long ago that's going to come back - and still never be resolved. I think I know what it is, and possibly concerns my father (which could be Lillies). Scythe + Lillies would/could be a couple breaking up, but it's not about our querent, cos she'd need somebody to break up with.

book+scythe=information that is not forthcoming under the current circumstances, it can be news withheld to the lady by the king of spades (lily) usually a family member but can also be a professional man (tower+lily)

Sudden or unexpected (book+scythe) information around the king of spades (lily) causes an end (scythe) to some worries (mice) that are going on

Gavriela said:
What can we tell our poor querent? To get her mind off it because it just isn't there?

Mouse on the right side of Lady suggests the return of a connection of the past on the romantic/emotional level. He (Jack of Hearts) is married (ring) or in a commited relationship but perhaps his status was not known (book) at the time of the past encounter. But in the mean time (ring+scythe) that marriage or commitment has come to an end but you don't know it (book)

Scythe+Lily points to an older man being upset with something or someone just recently(clover). He would also be very lonely (another tower meaning) too.

ring+lady suggests an involvement or commitment in one's heart to a person (heart), maybe a situation that is over but not really over, sort of lingering on (mice).

lady+tower points to spending too much time alone, thinking & worrying (mice)

Lots of possibilities with these cards.

Gavriela

Thank you Seaqueen. I think I am beginning to pick up the cluephone here. Though the Lady is a writer who's been recently suffering from massive writer's block (partly owing to the whole phantom romance thing), and she's usually surrounded by books, too.

Let you know what happens within the next week :)

I love these cards!

Sheri

Hi Seaqueen :)

I have had a Mystical Lenormand for several months now and love it to pieces! I love the artwork, the size of the deck and the flexibility of the cards. I have read them using the LWB meanings as well as intuitively and they are always truthful and accurate.

Thanks for sharing your expertise with us all - it's greatly appreciated!

valeria

Seaqueen

Look out Tarot, Lenormand is in town

valeria said:
Hi Seaqueen :)

I have had a Mystical Lenormand for several months now and love it to pieces! I love the artwork, the size of the deck and the flexibility of the cards. I have read them using the LWB meanings as well as intuitively and they are always truthful and accurate.

Thanks for sharing your expertise with us all - it's greatly appreciated!

valeria
I really like the Mystical Lenormand deck & the Astrological glyphs add a whole new dimension to some of the meanings.

And thanks.