True Black Tarot: Humanity as artifacts of our beliefs

Arthurdubya

Kf7r21U.jpg

Another update! I'm trying to get all 4 Knights into this next batch of 10.

Our Knight of Swords is the most active and fierce of the 4 Knights. While others opt for a weapon in one hand and a shield in another, this one believes there is no force like excessive force and wields two swords simultaneously. He is straightforward, blunt, and sometimes considered brash, but do not mistake his uncompromising force for stupidity.

With such strength, a great deal of intelligence and skill is also required, as he is also many times times the bringer of ideas and expertise, as embodied by the flurry of writings that trail behind him.

While his face is obscured by an unfeeling and mechanical helmet, know that he is able to use his intellect and abilities to their greatest extent by setting aside feelings and penetrating through the confusion of a situation.

Arthurdubya

I have to say I'm a bit curious why there haven't been any comments lately. Simply nothing to say, or maybe everyone interested has been involved in the Kickstarter and is communicating there instead?

Let me know if there's something wrong that I haven't picked up on!

rwcarter

I, for one, wasn't aware that you'd posted new cards. I don't always regularly check TDC unless the most recently posted to thread (as shown on the main Tarot Forum page) is one I've looked at before.

The sword on the left side of the QS card (viewer's left) looked like a club to me at first because the hilt is mostly perpendicular to the viewer. So I was confused as to whether she was the Queen Wands or Swords until I read your description.

Absolutely LOVE your KnS though! I don't even mind that he's not on a horse and you've made him VERY active and dynamic!

Rodney

gregory

Like Rodney - I was slightly confused by the QoS - maybe it would be possible (without too much wrecking of your lovely art) to get in a hint of a hilt on the sword on the left of the card ?

I love the KoW in particular. Not least that he has his back to us.

Arthurdubya

Ahh, duly noted! I appreciate the feedback.

I'll be doing batches of revisions for these paintings in the near future, and I'll be sure to list that sword among them. Thank you!

rylla

Like Rodney - I was slightly confused by the QoS - maybe it would be possible (without too much wrecking of your lovely art) to get in a hint of a hilt on the sword on the left of the card ?

I love the KoW in particular. Not least that he has his back to us.

Isn't it a 'she'? I see a woman. Am I mistaken?

To quote Rodney, I absolutely love the KnS too!

Starri Knytes

Well this is pretty! :loves:
I don't see advanced ordering for the deck on Kickstarters. Will you let me know when it becomes available?

Thank you!!
waits

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Arthurdubya

Starri: The Kickstarter is just for batches of 10 paintings produced as posters. Anyone who backs these will get early notification of the exact date and time of the deck Kickstarter, where there will be 50% off early bird pledges. Example (You back one of these poster sets. When September rolls around, I email you and say "the deck is going live on September 3rd, 12AM EST". There are 50 slots for the decks selling at $35, while the normal-priced deck sells at $70. Hopefully with the advanced notice, you get to snag one of those cheap slots before anyone else does.) But certainly, I'll be posting here when that deck goes up on Kickstarter!

rylla: Yes, the Knight of Wands is indeed a female, though I understand the confusion since her face isn't visible and Knights are traditionally male. Plus, she's got a strong back :thumbsup:

DDwarks

Question:
Ive pledged some money on your early kickstarter but didnt go for the rewards on offer as Im in the UK.
Do I still get the early bird notice?

rylla

Starri: The Kickstarter is just for batches of 10 paintings produced as posters. Anyone who backs these will get early notification of the exact date and time of the deck Kickstarter, where there will be 50% off early bird pledges. Example (You back one of these poster sets. When September rolls around, I email you and say "the deck is going live on September 3rd, 12AM EST". There are 50 slots for the decks selling at $35, while the normal-priced deck sells at $70. Hopefully with the advanced notice, you get to snag one of those cheap slots before anyone else does.) But certainly, I'll be posting here when that deck goes up on Kickstarter!

rylla: Yes, the Knight of Wands is indeed a female, though I understand the confusion since her face isn't visible and Knights are traditionally male. Plus, she's got a strong back :thumbsup:

Thank you Arthurdubya. Any particular reason? (Knights are usually males - it helps to know the artist vision about a card - thanks)