Heart of Faerie: The Three UnNamed Cards

Satori

Does anyone feel like throwing in some names for the UnNamed? I actually already named one of the cards, but the other two are stumpers. And of course, feel free to call them anything you wish....and not go by these names...but I thought....congruency.

I was thinking it might be nice to have a name for them just so that as we deepen our study we can refer to them and everyone will know what we are talking about.

The Mushroom headed Men I refer to as The Shrooms. They just look like little wizened men sitting around at a coffee house, hanging out kibbitzing about women, or fishing, or boyfriends, or life. They look...a little like stoners or surfers or Dead Heads!!!

The male unnamed, he has a similar look to him as the Shrooms. He looks like a surfer dude, or a hip guy. I call him, Dude.

Last card, this one has a piper in it. So to me it is musical. But she looks...prissy. I don't know...Revelry?

Anyone? Help? Please....

Ivy Rhiannon

Do you read with them? I was kinda disappointed when I saw them. Like they were the "leftover" faeries not "good" enough to be put in the deck. It make me sad they would do that.

If the cards were untitled I would have thrown them in but they look too different to me. I couldn't really find a theme or message for them, so I just figured they were just free tiny prints from the artist.

I always thought the unicorn lady unnamed looked perfect beside (to the left of) the joy of the future, almost as if it were an extended scene. The shrooms are cute, but I don't really see a message there. I like the third card however. She is smiling and leaning in listening to a good story, like an old friend. :D

As for names I never really thought about it before! Should we be reading with these? Has anyone tried that?

Satori

Oh yes I read with them. I have them in the deck, shuffled in all the others. they don't look leftover to me, lol. They seem....quite like all the others, just unnamed and unnumbered.

nami

I haven't given them names, and have only recently started reading with them in the deck. Them being unnamed, unnumbered, and not given much mention in the book bothered me a lot at first. I couldn't seem to read without having them near while I had the cards out though, as if they were overseeing the reading as a way to participate. I've gotten more comfortable with the cards now and they're finally in the deck. No names for them yet. It's still difficult for me to interpret them.

Satori

YOu know nami you sort of sparked an idea...they could act as guides or witnesses. I know when we first started out was used the faery guide card in the FO as a sort of witness....but it became too cumbersome.

In another oracle I have there is a guide card and a seeker card. So they male and female fae cards could be used as significators if you ever wanted to put yourself into the deck.

I've seen two different teachers (Scion here on the forum being one of them) who has a hunt and peck method where you sort of charge a card with your question, shuffle it into the deck, and then you look for that card in the pack. Once you find it the 2-4 cards before it and 2-4 cards after your chosen card make up the reading.

I can see these extra cards being used for that purpose. Any card in the deck can be used this way, but since these cards are "blank" in a way they would fit really well. And the Shrooms can be a situation that you charge into the deck and then search for....the possibilities for those cards are really only as limited as our imaginations, right?

nami

Satori, I hadn't heard of that method of reading before, but that's really neat sounding! I think I might try that some time. I can see those cards working well for that.

I noticed something about the three unnamed cards. They're all cards with several fae on them. None are portraits or a single fae. Hmm. I can't see much connection beyond that at the moment.

I'd like to give these cards a deeper looking over, but busy right now. The card with the piper and the unicorn...it does have a musical feeling to it...It gives me thoughts of art and performance, creative skills. At least three of the fae appearing to be balancing orbs, and the unicorn fae's orb looks differently shaped than the other two? What are they? Fruits of some kind? Acorns?

autumn star

I always use the un-named cards :)

I don't have enough time to write about all of them at the moment because it's getting late but I just thought that I would post my thoughts on the un-named card with the silver fae and acorn balancing on her foot, with the piper in the background.

I was looking at this card the other day and and what I got out of the card was that it's about being yourself, and not being afraid to be different. I got this because the silver fae is different from all of the faeries behind her - she is isn't afraid to be naked or shine with her silvery glow and unicorn horn in fact she looks happy and content with where she and what she's doing. She dares to stand out. There is celebration here with the piper, so I got the feeling that it was to celebrate who you are :) Lots of fae in the background seem to be carrying something in their hands or balancing something and this faery is balancing something on her foot so perhaps balance also comes into this card too.

I think that these cards are meant to be read intuitively and every time they come up in a reading I get something different out of them. I have a few general ideas about them but nothing more, sometimes I read them as wild cards, to expect the unexpected or simply as I am not meant to know any more about the situation at that point in time.

nami

autumn star, I love your interpretation of the card with the unicorn fae!

Discussing these cards is making me feel a lot more comfortable with using them in the deck with the other cards. I'm still drawing a blank on what to call these three.

Ivy Rhiannon

Oooo neat stuff guys! I like the ideas here, keep them coming!

*edited to add:* Oh oh! I just tossed them in my deck. I was sitting there going through the book trying to find what classification they would fall under and had some ideas and mixed them with yours.

The card with the unicorn lady: "The Celebration" a time of joyous celebration! Good news or a joyous occasion. A time to laugh, play and be merry. This fae is from the Journey section.

The card with the fae sitting and leaning forward: "The Faerie of Friendship" She just reminds me of a good friend, listening and leaning in having a good conversation with you. This fae is from the Sprites section.

The card with the shrooms "The Shrooms" a feeling of being overwhelmed. These remind me of little kids all pulling and tugging at you trying to get your attention. These fae are from the trickster section.

Thanks for the ideas guys I'm going to keep them together now for sure! :p The deck feels complete now! Has anyone thought about using a paint pen to write on them? I have never marked a card before so any experiences with that?

autumn star

The card with the shrooms "The Shrooms" a feeling of being overwhelmed. These remind me of little kids all pulling and tugging at you trying to get your attention. These fae are from the trickster section.

Thanks for the ideas guys I'm going to keep them together now for sure! :p The deck feels complete now! Has anyone thought about using a paint pen to write on them? I have never marked a card before so any experiences with that?

The "Shrooms" remind me of the Topsy Turvets from the Faeries Oracle.

I like having them un-named in my deck so I think that I will probably leave mine as they are :)