Tarot Bag Inspiration: What's Your Dream Swag?

elevenstrikes

I'm brand spanking new to Tarot, but I've been digging around to see how others store their Tarot gear. Whether you simply wrap your decks up or keep them in a dedicated box, I think we could all fantasize about an ideal setup, if money wasn't an issue!

I'm really into handbags... Particularly at this time of year, I'm really feeling hues of deep burgundy/black, gold/bronze decal, and enough room to store a deck, some crystals, and a cloth. Or even just a deck!

Here is a short imgur album of bags I could imagine toting my gear around in...
https://imgur.com/a/OyBSd

What do you think? How about you guys? Anything Tarot-related besides decks you'd love Santa to bring you this year?

IndigoViolet

To be honest, I store my three decks in my drawer along with my clothes under my bed. And my tarot bags are just any fancy pencil case you can find, like this one. But too bad mine's color is totally washed.

Nemia

I'm very happy with my own simple crochet bags (and hand-sewn and -embroidered bags from the time when my hands were a bit more nimble). I wonder now why I didn't think of cruciform wraps before that work also as spread cloths for a simply cross spread! I wish I had more time to make more of them.

And if I had the money to buy a nicer piece of furniture than a plastic drawer thingie :)))) that would be great. I need at least five or six different drawers to sort my decks - Thoth inspired, RWS inspired, Lenormand, art and Renaissance, fantasy worlds.... if those drawers were not plastic but nice wood I'd be more than happy.

In our old house, I had a very large studio room where I could dedicate a large area to tarot. I don't have that now but i wish I had - a reading table ready all the time, and a tarot book corner. Sooner or later, I'll have that again (when my younger children leave home, within the next 2 to 3 years).

But I'm quite content the way I store everything now.

Laura Borealis

My dream storage would be an antique apothecary cabinet, with lots of drawers and shelves. Each deck would have its own hand-made box and be tucked into a drawer with a label.

greatdane

I prefer cases

lush fabric "envelope" style cases, lined with something that feels satiny so the cards slide in and out easily and with ribbon ties.

All but a few of my decks are in custom cases.

Bags are beautiful, the cards just tend to move around too much for me and I am also able to line my decks easily on my reading table or to store in a big tote if I wish if they are in cases.

Grizabella

Bags are beautiful, the cards just tend to move around too much for me and I am also able to line my decks easily on my reading table or to store in a big tote if I wish if they are in cases.

I crocheted some little bags that keep the decks from moving around within the pretty bag. I call them "deck undies". lol And now I'm using cases I make from stiff felt, which are quite wonderful as they can sit up like books in a book case (one style) and are pretty because I bead on them to add some glitz.

Padma

Myself, I just store my decks on a baker's rack, and when I am taking one with me, I put it inside a tin box. Or, if the box it's in is sturdy enough, I will just put it in a ziplock baggie and toss it in my purse, at the top.

Your dream bags are scrumptious, Elevenstrikes, but I would never be able to afford them! :eek:

Achlys

My dream storage would be an antique apothecary cabinet, with lots of drawers and shelves. Each deck would have its own hand-made box and be tucked into a drawer with a label.

Agreed! That would be lovely.
Although maybe instead of boxes, I'd use bags.

feline_scholar

I'm equally new, but have accumulated several decks. I have been storing most in the box they were purchased in, but I feel as if I need some bags and a cloth. I will probably start haunting some fabric sources and make my own, but there are a few I like over on Etsy too. Maybe one will be my holiday gift to me!

LOVE the notion of "undies" for the deck in a bag!