Flonz Victorian Lenormand

baylys

This afternoon I am going to try and find a darker brown ink. I am definitely going to do the stamps in black on the once-tea'd cream card, but I want to have a play and have a look at different shades for the lettering (ie:sepia, burnt umber, charcoal, black).

I'll post photo examples once I get the ink.

MoonGypsy

This afternoon I am going to try and find a darker brown ink. I am definitely going to do the stamps in black on the once-tea'd cream card, but I want to have a play and have a look at different shades for the lettering (ie:sepia, burnt umber, charcoal, black).

I'll post photo examples once I get the ink.

The Burnt Umber sounds especially wonderful, baylys!

Laura Borealis

I'm loving watching your creative process & decisions. :)

baylys

I'm loving watching your creative process & decisions. :)

For me it's all trial and error. I try different combinations, see how they look, find the best one, identify what's not quite right about it, then find a way to improve it. That's always been my way, with everything I do.

tarot heart

Seems like everyone else may already know the answer to this, but what does Flonz
refer to??

Laura Borealis

Seems like everyone else may already know the answer to this, but what does Flonz
refer to??

Good question. Maybe it's a combination of flan and the Fonz.

Attachments

• Flonz.jpg
    Flonz.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,101

baylys

Flonz is the stamp supplier in NZ. I didn't want to name it after me and I couldn't think what else to call it that was unique and a bit catchy. I didn't want to call it the stamp lennie as that sounds like a postage stamp, and the victorian lennie sounded kinda too short and I wasn't sure if there already was one by that name. I KNEW no-one would have one called flonz. I would like to have ALL the images made by him so truly is a Flonz deck. Go to flonzcraft.com and you'll see all his range. Awesome stuff.

tarot heart

Flonz is the stamp supplier in NZ. I didn't want to name it after me and I couldn't think what else to call it that was unique and a bit catchy. I didn't want to call it the stamp lennie as that sounds like a postage stamp, and the victorian lennie sounded kinda too short and I wasn't sure if there already was one by that name. I KNEW no-one would have one called flonz. I would like to have ALL the images made by him so truly is a Flonz deck. Go to flonzcraft.com and you'll see all his range. Awesome stuff.

I had a feeling it was the name of the stamp maker but didn't want to assume, so thanks for the
explanation.

Laura, I must admit I thought of Fonzi too! But not the flan :D

baylys

This is what my Star stamp should look like

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362020470.235220.jpg

I have sent it away to see how much he charges for custom made stamps, seeing as I have done the design work.

It is the star out of the centre of a compass rose, found on nautical charts. I have been a sailor all my life and so this image has a very strong meaning for me.

The N letter represents North and for the Northern Hemisphere folks the image represents the North Star (Polaris or the Pole Star). This star is soooo close to due north that it does not appear to move, so sailors in the Northern Hemisphere use it to locate true North, and are always able to fix a position from there.

baylys

Yay! The man (Leo) will make my star!!! And for an OK price too.

So, I bought some inks today for the writing

Top row - Black
2nd row - Sepia
3rd row - Tobacco
4th row - Sanguine (what I was first using)
5th row - Raw Sienna

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362031939.818143.jpg

And to get an idea of what it looks like next to an image

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362031982.750154.jpg

I think I like the Sepia best as it looks like black ink that has faded.

Votes?