Decks you love, but...that one card.

Phenix

Delphi Tarot - the 10 of coins.

While the daughter and baby look delighted and full of joy, the mom sitting there looks lost in her own thoughts (not in a happy way) and depressed/withdrawn both by body language and gaze.

Totally love the rest of the deck, but this one throws me for a loop and I just can't shake it, it's more like the post-partum depression card :(

ATerribleOwl

The first thing that came to mind is the Hanged Man from the New Wave Tarot. Ian Curtis as the Hanged Man... just doesn't sit well.

Hahahaha, wow. Just found out about this deck from that post. I kind of love this and hate it.

Blue Fury

any card with teeth in it from Tarot of the Old Path, gave that one away too.
OMG, that is so funny. I just spat my tea out all over the table when I read that :D

lalalibra

The Queen of Wands in the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. I do like this deck a lot, but there's something about that particular card which throws me. I don't particularly like her expression. And maybe it's the "lighting" there in the card, but her teeth look very yellow to me (not that I'm expecting fake-looking, bleached, pearly whites, but her teeth are just noticeably dark in their coloring to me). But mainly, I get distracted by her arm. It looks like it has this sheen to it? The white streak - I just don't understand what I'm looking at there. It bothers me. Whenever I see it, I have to forcibly get myself to stop thinking, "Why is her arm so unnaturally shiny looking? Why!?"

ldiddy

I absolutely adore the Light Grey Tarot (and am currently waiting in angst for the Cosmos Tarot/Oracle) but the 6 of coins is a total disaster. In a deck of beautiful painted, drawn and digital art, the photo is jarring and when it comes up in a reading throws me everytime....

Dark Victory '39

i'll probably get tomato'd for this, but the Victorian Romantic queen of wands. It's not like there's anything 'wrong' about the card as readable-- she's got her sunflowers, and party mask-- most people probably look at it and are like, yup that's a believable queen of wands. But the stupid purple pom poms on her dress, her attitude, even if she thinks she's dewy and confident, i think she's kind of mumsy. My usual response to her is, 'yeah you must be confident to be seen about town like that.' What's sort of hilarious is it matches literally one of first definitions of the queen of wands i ever read-- to have the sort of confidence that goes further than outward apperance, that isn't because you feel like you look nice or because you have such and such ego identifier (job, spouse, etc). I see that, i know that, i'm still bugged. For no reason whatsoever. My sister thinks she must remind me of someone i don't like. The VR deck, as its strength does seem to often provoke people to say that the cards remind them of people they know in their real life playing dress up in Victorian garb.

Lareia

Death from the Night Sun tarot. It's not that I don't understand the symbology, but I just can't LOOK at it... and I don't want to read without Death, so I took it off my wishlist.

Grizabella

For me, one that comes to mind is the New Palladini. I absolutely love the art work of that deck, except for the King and Queen of Pentacles. I strongly dislike those two cards. They're a black silhouette of the heads of a man and a woman with just a Pentacle in each of their heads. Downright bland and unimaginative compared to the rest of the deck.

MissChiff

Tarot Mucha.... Can't stand the Judgement card...WTF.... Big crazy eyes!! Lord have mercy

Viridian

Also the Strength card from the Visconti deck. I know it's an old deck and it's symbolic but it just looks like someone beating a dog and it makes me mad!