Kabbalah & G. O. Mebes

Fada

about the Spanish version

evlogite said:
The original Mebes text is available, in Russian, on the web for free.

Babeijon:

There seems to be a version in Russian as well. A Spanish one would certainly be an addition. However, all the information I have is already posted above, including the editor for copy right purposes.

thank you

Fada

Fada

jmd said:
I wonder if the 'Aenigma' cards by Alexander Sukhorukow for the Cabbalistic Tarot G.O.M[ebes] have been compared, in terms of detail, with those designed for Mouni Sadhu's book, the Grand Etteilla II, and comments by P. Christian.

Have you had a chance do to so? I do not have Sadhu's book, or those cards designed for it.

Also, though I have not as yet checked, the above would make for an interesting addition to the (blank) Mebes entry to tarotpedia.com.

And have you had a chance to check the info?

Thank you,

Fada

babeijon

I have not found the russian version, but I suppose there must be a copy avalaible in internet. I thought about translating it because of the greater diffusion of spanish compared to russian or portuguese. I think that a good idea would be offering the spanish translation to the editors (Editora Pensamento), and maybe they would be interested in the idea (and so that would solve copy right conflicts). Another reason for me to translate is because I find it easier to understand the text after translating it... I think that some chapters of this book are really very interesting, as the one dedicated to the XIII arcane, or the first ones explaining the relationship between the sequence iod-he-vau-he and the sequence of tarot.
Thanks for the reply,
Beti

babeijon

Fada said:
And have you had a chance to check the info?

Thank you,

Fada

I haven´t, as I haven´t read Sadhu´s book. I can tell that Aenigma cards are the cards that Mebes describes in his book Major Arcana, but just that.
The info about Mebes is OK, and I would enter it in tarotpedia just as entered above. That would be an interesting thing, as his name is usually forgotten.

RussianSoul

evlogite said:
The original Mebes text is available, in Russian, on the web for free.

Evlogite or anyone else, could you point the website with Mebes texts please? I was not aware that it was available.

Wandering Voice

Does anyone know if there has been any progress or developments in an English translation of Mebe's work?

babeijon

As long as I know, no. I´m still translating it into spanish, it´s a lot of work.

Wandering Voice

Thanks, Babeijon.

Its too bad nothing yet is available in English. But thank you for your efforts in translating to Spanish. Though I do not speak/read Spanish, it is easier to decrypt than Russian. I eagerly look forward to it. :)

NoTalking

No progress on a translation into English? Well, I guess I'll have to get my rusty Spanish back into focus! But I agree that it would be easier to decode Spanish than Russian for all us English speakers!