Tarot Basics: Favorite card Assignment

tarantulacat

My favorite card is The Hanged Man. I can relate to this card in many ways, both the good and the bad. I quite ofen base my opinion of a deck on how this card is depicted. If I like The Hanged Man, chances are I'm gonna connect with deck.

My view of things quite often leaves people scratching their heads. I have a tendency to approach things from somewhere "beyond left field" (as my friend puts it).

Activity, or lack of, is something I need to work on. I have a tendency to not know when to stop, and when I stop, I have a hard time getting going again. Procrastination is something I know very well.

sunanda gulati

Favourite Cards

Hi,

My fav card is High priestess as I pray to her before began to read as she is the mother of intuition.

Negative aspect can be though is so learned & wise ...she has a secretive side to her as well.

Sunanda

Summersnowflake

When I was younger, my favorite card was the Magician. I liked the idea of being in control, the one pulling the strings ... and (for awhile) I was.

In recent years my favorite card has been the Hermit, far from the crowd, searching, carrying a light.

Soon I think I'll have a new favorite card, but I don't know which it is yet.

Firestarter

My favorite is The High Priestess. I love the sense of going on to psychic mysteries. I also appreciate the B and J on the columns from 1 Kings 7, which remind me (the negative part) that I need to watch what I'm about and not think that I don't need God.

Shelma_Star

My favourite card is the Sun as it's full of joy and warmth! Whenever it comes up, it makes my day. I can see no negative aspects in this card, except perhaps when it's reversed. But even then, I consider it to be a positive card that brings hapiness in the long run.

Dogmother

I'm not sure "favorite" is the term for me but the card I most crave in readings for myself is Strength. When I see the woman and the lion (can't stand decks that show the man with the club) I get a feeling of, "this is a good place, a good state for me". I feel grounded and empowered when the Strength card appears.

The Fish

My fav is the moon. I feel totally drawn to the moon in real life (i could sit and look at it for hours, it's so beautiful), pictures, music, songs and prose about it. I don't mind that it is telling me there may be something that isn't quite as it seems, I am happy for it to show up in my readings, esp the morgan greer moon; it is so shiny against the darkness.

As for my least fav, there are a few that I don't like and they all have to do with not understanding their meaning more than the actual card - but I suppose also the 3 swords gets me down - it's not going to be happy is it, though as I get this quite a bit, it's kind of become one of my companion cards - I find there are some I see far more than others, and some I hardly ever see.

samsoninna

I have 2 favorite cards, it is the Sun and the World.
Sun is a just a pure joy and happiness, there is no dark side possible in this card.
The World I feel like a great peace, all wishes came truth, all worries came to the end, now you are safe, content, it is also wisdom and knowlege. Can't imagine any bad meaning in this card eather.

Kissa

Dogmother said:
I'm not sure "favorite" is the term for me but the card I most crave in readings for myself is Strength. When I see the woman and the lion (can't stand decks that show the man with the club) I get a feeling of, "this is a good place, a good state for me". I feel grounded and empowered when the Strength card appears.

you and me, three. When I get Strength, I know I am digging deep and facing issues about me, my ideals, the essence. I also dislike Visconti types representations of pure violence, strength has nothing to do with beating the s**t out of somebody/some animal imo.

nice to see such an old thread resuscitated :)

kaesrel

My favourite card has to be the Death card in Celtic Dragon. From the very moment I saw it on AT I could hear the dragon's heartwrenching cry as it dies (or sheds its skin, however you want to see it). It was because of this card that I knew that this was the deck for me. I couldn't keep the sight or sound of the card out of my mind until I got it. ;)

The negative aspect of this card is obvious, endings, possibly painful changes. My love for this card doesn't obscure those meanings. In fact, the depth to which I could feel that is why I love it so much.

A recent close second would be the Tower card, also from the Celtic Dragon. It had scared me at first with the two scary looking dragons, one of which was roaring angrily at me. But then I realized that they were only trying to protect their precious tower from the lightning and that the one that was screaming at me (the reader) was only lashing out because it was so hurt by the sudden loss of his tower.

I love it because it is one of the cards that can draw me in so completely I could feel the raging wind in my hair and rain on my face. The angry lashing out of the dragon is definitely one of my reflexes to any adversity or even change so I can really relate to it.

Is it weird that my two favourite cards are so negative? =s