A new De-enabling thread for 2008

Alta

lunakasha said:
could you please comment on the silver highlights, and whether or not they add or detract from the images in any way???
The silver is well done and generously applied. The effect is quite startling, though only in daylight. In evening it hardly shows.

lunakasha

gregory said:
But like I said (and Marion too) it isn't that pretty when you have to resort to the book to see the detail.... *denabling here* Oh - one biggie - the book is downright patronising in places.... Sorry to fans - but it is. The "Further ways to consider this card" bits annoy me. And some of the meanings as given come over a bit bullying.

Thanks gregory....I did read your comments about this earlier and meant to comment (sorry!). I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have to consult with the book in order to really see the images. And then to be annoyed by the book on top of everything else....

WELL I guess that about does it for me....another DE enabling success story right here!!! Again, I appreciate all of your efforts, and taking the time to share your honest opinions (and especially NO love letters, LOL Debra!!!).

Thanks Marion for the info on the silver....I think for now I am going to pass on both editions.

~Luna :)

galadrielsphial

Thank you for the comments about the Graven Images...if it isn't a well thought out deck, then I don't need it! I'm sure I'll find another deck that catches my eye before too long anyway. :)

Aerin

lunakasha said:
I wanted to ask Aerin (and anyone else who has both the silver AND regular editions): could you please comment on the silver highlights, and whether or not they add or detract from the images in any way??? (gregory mentioned this in her post also). I remember being disappointed in the lack of gold on the VR Gold edition and wondered if the silver BG is worth the splurge, versus the non-silver deck.

Thanks again to all of you for your efforts....I am very close to being fully DE-enabled, just curious about the two editions since the silver is quite pricey.

~Luna :)

The silver makes the images more hazy and ghostly I think, and comparing the two the colours and details are more obvious in the regular edition. I think that the silver is less likely to be used as a regular reading deck..all those silvery ghosties come swarming out and mesmerise you into forgetting what it was you were reading about in the first place. It is definitely more off-putting and scary than even the regular deck if you don't like that sort of thing.

I can imagine a remake of 'Dr Terror's House of Horrors' with the Silver as Vincent Price's main reading deck.

Hope this helps!

Aerin

gregory

Aerin, I am afraid I did NOT find that deenabling.... :mad:

Especially the Vincent Price bit. })

Smack smack.....

Aerin

gregory said:
Aerin, I am afraid I did NOT find that deenabling.... :mad:

Especially the Vincent Price bit. })

Smack smack.....

Darn it. Well I tried. Perhaps if it was one of those really annoying politically correct remakes with really bad casting and overacting and trying to put over a Deep and Meaningful Message? "Don't mess with Tarot you silly people it will lead you to the dark side...."

btw I have de-enabled myself from Sol Invictus by looking at the website. I am not attracted by the artwork (crosses fingers).

Aerin :)

gregory

Never mind. Just send Vincent Price...
I will make do till Alan Rickman gets here !

Silverlyn

No Bgs, No!

Hi.

First posting in here:

Please help talk me out of wanting the Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition (specifically that edition, don't want the Regular).

I know it's expensive and will take a while to arrive, plus they're not the exact classic Goth like my Vargo Gothic and my much-loved drool-worthy pics of my Favole are...but still....I'm starting to buckle with all the reviews of it in the BG threads....and I own no silver/gold editions of any decks....

Argh.

gregory

Well, the price did it for me - and I am known for not belonging in this thread. :|

But also I am told the cards are even darker than the regular - and I can't see those properly; I use the book to find the detail - and the silver comes without the book.

There are other silvery decks.... You could get one of them for a lot less and the Favole on the side.

And since you already have the Favole, there's some money saved already !

OOOH - and you don't want to hurt the Favole's feelings, either. Not after you posted so adoringly about it....

HearthCricket

While the silver is very pretty, it looks a lot darker and you miss out on many of the details seen in the regular edition because the colours are more saturated!