The Shield of Faith (for use in the face of adversity)

Chiriku

This is based on a verse from the Christian Bible but perhaps people from other spiritual backgrounds will find it of use.

Ephesians 6:17 : "...Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one"

Card 1- the Flaming Arrows (my opponents' tactics)
Card 2- the Shield of Faith (what I can do to protect myself, gain confidence, stand fast)
Card 3-- After the Fire (outcome of the battle)

I did a very quick reading using it and it was illuminating.

Chiriku

Thank you, Carla.

I have made a few different Bible and Christian-based spreads but have not shared them as they are pretty specific to people who know/care about certain scriptures or doctrines. But this one seems suitable for all.

I created (and performed) this spread on the eve of an obstacle I had to face, in which the other elements were wild cards/unknowns and beyond my control. To generate the Bible verse for this spread, I plucked a card from a deck of Bible verse cards I have. But it was a let-down, neither strengthening nor comforting, which were the themes I was interested in. Second card, similarly "meh." Third card the same. Finally, I picked up the deck and purposefully flipped through it until I found a verse I could live with.

It's from the "Put on the Armor of God" passage but it's lesser known I think than the first verse of that passage.

The reading I did was very useful, illuminating, strengthening--all the things I'd wish. But I wonder how much of it has to do with the spread and how much with the fact I used the deck that is most meaningful to me, the one that always "speaks" powerfully to me?

I got the 6 of Coins (illustrated in the "generosity" line of meanings) and it felt good to see it there in the "After the Fire" position.

And whaddya know? I just learned that what I feared did not come true and that the outcome was favorable to me--largely due to the tolerant attitude--yes, I suppose you could say the generosity- of the person in charge.

I will be using this spread for coming obstacles (of which there are quite a few) and hope it helps others.

iAmRiotEyes

It's completely up to you but I think you should share them. Just because they're inspired by the Bible it doesn't mean people of other beliefs and faiths won't get something out of them :)

But anyway, simple, to the point, powerful spread. I'll definitely write this one down. Thanks for sharing!

Chiriku

Cheers for that, iAmRiotEyes. I'll think about which other spreads I could post.

Carla

I agree, why shouldn't you? We're overrun with Wheel of the Year spreads! :)

AmishHacker

This is a beautiful spread. Thank you for sharing it.

-AmishHacker

Chiriku

I'm very pleased it spoke to you, AmishHacker. Thanks for commenting.

Zelmira

Chiriku:
I also think it would be great if you post them. At the end, all is a matter of choice what spreads you use. I love the one you posted here. Thanks.

Blessings,

Zelmira