Anthony Louis "Tarot Beyond the Basics"

Amanda

Loved Louis's Tarot Plain and Simple -- it was (is) still considered my tarot textbook, and it was the main one that helped me learn. Definitely looking forward to see what this one is like, thanks for sharing! :)

Alpha-Omega

I'm SO looking forward to receiving this book!!!! Tarot Plain and Simple has always been one of my favorites and now, Anthony Louis has a new one out. Just wanted to share in case someone else is also a fan of his work and didn't know about his new release. it looks like Angelo Nasios got one for reviewing and liked it a lot :)

http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Beyond-...anings/dp/0738739448/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The book is great, go and buy it :) I did a video on the book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cJBo9euCA

-Angelo

foolMoon

This book arrived today. Skimmed through it, and looks like a great book.
I am particularly interested in chapters of,

Astrology and Tarot
Reversed cards reading
Numerology
Court cards

rwcarter

I've ordered the book and just waiting for it to come.

greatdane

Just saw this

Tarot Plain and Simple is my one tarot reference. I feel the need for no other. I had another one or two and sent them packing as Tarot Plain and Simple gave me everything I could need or want. But I think it's wonderful Ana Luisa brought this to our attention.

aliceinwonderland

Hey Ana Luisa!

I do have his first book too (even though is falling to pieces lol of the heavy use over the years)

Please give us a little review on this new one! I'd love to see what you think of Mr Louis' next tarot chapter.

Hope you are really well!!!

Mwah xxx

rwcarter

I've ordered the book and just waiting for it to come.
Guess I never ordered the book when I thought I did, cause it arrived on Saturday after ordering it last week. Haven't had time to even crack the cover to see what the book has to say for itself.

ana luisa

Hey Ana Luisa!

I do have his first book too (even though is falling to pieces lol of the heavy use over the years)

Please give us a little review on this new one! I'd love to see what you think of Mr Louis' next tarot chapter.

Hope you are really well!!!

Mwah xxx

It is DEFINITELY worth buying. HOWEVER, you must approach it differently than Tarot Plain and Simple. I guess Mr. Louis sys it like it is. His first book was simple, direct. You have a card, here are the meanings. Tarot beyond the Basics is a VERY meaty book with an immense amount of information. It is not one to be read in one sitting and does require some time. Just to mention the chapters:

Reflections on the Celtic Cross; Astrology 101 for Tarot Readers; The Topsy-Turvy World of tarot Reversals; The role of intuition in divination; Number symbolism and the Tarot; The four elements; The elemntal personalities of the court cards; The major arcana; The anatomy of the four suits

His prose is always a delight to read. He explains things in a nice way so you won´t feel like you're preparing a PhD. thesis on Tarot :D As in TP&S he provides anecdotes and stories to illustrate the teachings, with pictures of cards from various decks. To be honest, the astrology bit did not interest me much but it can be someone's treasure (there is a lot of information on this area). I guess the main difference is that instead of giving the reader the meaning, he scrutinizes the card symbols and history with the reader to teach him how to LOOK FOR meanings. (does it make sense?) There are 70 pages of appendix info alone with a HUGE compillation of keywords , planets, elemnts, houses, etc.
Tarot Beyond the Basics is Tarot Plain and simple's older brother.